The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l May 1, 4 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Fact of the day:

did you know... we are currently LAST place in our division??! Sure, we have played fewest games, but based on our play lately, I have a hard time imagining another win this season.

It sounds like this Tryamkin thing is turning into another big drama.

Benning says they were willing to pay him what he asked, Diamond says they could only offer much less that they could guarantee right now until they moved cap out and that Tryamkin didnt want to wait in case Benning couldn't.

Its hard not to believe Diamond because by all accounts its the same thing that happened last summer.

I think its aclear indication that Edler is going to be re-signed as it doesnt sound like Benning was counting on any of that 6 mil being available.

22 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Google it - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Weisbrod

I was wrong he was a one time GM with the Magic & some no name team in a no name league and now twice an AGM in the NHL - seems to be gunning for #1 (?).

I did, which was the whole point. you clearly hadn't. 

take note, people: this is why you shouldn't believe ANYthing you read online, let alone everything. people are clueless but spout off constantly anyway. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, tas said:

take note, people: this is why you shouldn't believe ANYthing you read online, let alone everything. people are clueless but spout off constantly anyway. 

I don’t think you’re quite making the point you think you are, because despite the other guy not knowing the details of Weisbrod’s ineptitude, it doesn’t change the fact that Weisbrod is clearly a complete &^@#ing dip$&!# loser. 

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

20 minutes ago, tas said:

Point:  he was a FAILED executive before in multiple leagues and I was just stating an opinion on him - atleast I admitted my mistake. 

So your question was a setup rather than to have a hockey discussion - you related to Weisbrod cause this is what a corporate rat would do.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

26 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Benning says they were willing to pay him what he asked, Diamond says they could only offer much less that they could guarantee right now until they moved cap out and that Tryamkin didnt want to wait in case Benning couldn't.

Its hard not to believe Diamond because by all accounts its the same thing that happened last summer.

I think its aclear indication that Edler is going to be re-signed as it doesnt sound like Benning was counting on any of that 6 mil being available.

That doesn’t make sense. If they made him a contract offer he gets that money regardless if Benning can move money out.

My guess is he told them to wait till the summer again and they weren’t willing to.

Benning and his cap struggles continue...

Just now, DeNiro said:

That doesn’t make sense. If they made him a contract offer he gets that money regardless if Benning can move money out.

My guess is he told them to wait till the summer again and they weren’t willing to.

Benning and his cap struggles continue...

It sounds like Benning said they could offer him xxxx dollars guaranteed right now and could not give him what he asked for until they moved out cap.

It makes sense considering Bennings sleight of hand type statement about it. He can say they would be willing to give him what he asked for but omit that they couldnt unless he waited for them to move cap out.

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Point is he was an executive before and I was just stating an opinion on him - atleast I admitted my mistake.  So your question was a setup - you related to Weisbrod.

yes, he's been an executive before -- an executive respected enough to be made general manager of a team in the top league of a sport he doesn't have a background in. 

no relation to the guy, I just have little tolerance for nonsense. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

It sounds like Benning said they could offer him xxxx dollars guaranteed right now and could not give him what he asked for until they moved out cap.

It makes sense considering Bennings sleight of hand type statement about it. He can say they would be willing to give him what he asked for but omit that they couldnt unless he waited for them to move cap out.

That doesn’t look good for Benning either.

Just sign him and deal with the cap later. If you want the player you sign them, don’t think they’ll just wait around. Same thing happened with Toffoli.

Time to realize Benning just doesn’t know how to negotiate.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

We have 4 straight vs Oilers next week.

Going to be tough to watch especially the way Oilers been playing lately..

Wouldn't be surprised if we lost all 4. 

This Virtanen thing is a hard punch to the gut.. last thing this team needed to close out the season. 

Yea but watching 97 skate is worth the price of admission which these days is a 6 pack and 2 whiskys.

Edited by Chris12345

5 minutes ago, tas said:

yes, he's been an executive before -- an executive respected enough to be made general manager of a team in the top league of a sport he doesn't have a background in. 

no relation to the guy, I just have little tolerance for nonsense. 

Why hide it rather than make a correction - I dont like rat moves as well.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That doesn’t look good for Benning either.

Just sign him and deal with the cap later. If you want the player you sign them, don’t think they’ll just wait around. Same thing happened with Toffoli.

Time to realize Benning just doesn’t know how to negotiate.

They waited Tryamkin out last year too. And Toffoli. And Tanev. Its just another example of the fans vilifying the player in order to shield Benning from deserved criticism for his role in messing things up. Same with Gaudette. Same with Toffoli. Etc etc etc.

Benning should stop personally scouting amateurs and actually do his job. 

Edited by wallstreetamigo

The people who can’t or are not willing to see that Fredo, Jethro Bodine, and that cheese nibbling little rat Weisbrod are holding this team from being relevant are the people who deserve the endless purgatory this franchise is in. 

Congratulations. 

AF6FCEE5-276F-4038-8994-06C56DD9C416.gif

Edited by JDLax16

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

They waited Tryamkin out last year too. And Toffoli. And Tanev. Its just another example of the fans vilifying the player in order to shield Benning from deserved criticism for his role in messing things up. Same with Gaudette. Same with Toffoli. Etc etc etc.

I really don’t get how many good players Benning is gonna lose before he starts taking heat from ownership.

Yes he has drafted us some great players but he’s letting go of other good ones because he completely mismanaged the cap. We’re going to have a hard time filling out the roster now because of it.

I think it might be time for a new GM to come in and make some bold moves. Because waiting out cap space freeing up while in the meantime letting valuable players walk is a bad strategy.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I really don’t get how many good players Benning is gonna lose before he starts taking heat from ownership.

Yes he has drafted us some great players but he’s letting go of other good ones because he completely mismanaged the cap. We’re going to have a hard time filling out the roster now because of it.

I think it might be time for a new GM to come in and make some bold moves. Because waiting out cap space freeing up while in the meantime letting valuable players walk is a bad strategy.

I am more worried about Benning being the one to use that cap space.

The train has left the building, aka Nikita Tryamkin.. he renewed a 3 year contract.  There goes the hope of beating up other teams players.... Benning said he was willing to pay him anything he was asking for what a load of crap...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Madden, Forsling, McCann, Gaudette, Tryamkin are all players he has given up on now with very little to show for it on our roster.

Whats the point in drafting well if you give those players away for nothing?

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Why hide it rather than make a correction - same I dont like rat moves like these as well...

misguided hope that you might check your facts next time. 

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Yikes, a year older, slow & no shot Edler again but he has alot of experience, checks the nostalgic box and great intangibles so chances are probably good JB signs him.

He has been a good Canuck but it is time to move on.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1