The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jake Virtanen placed on leave by the Canucks following sexual misconduct allegation

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'd like to see this thread, and any other similar ones, locked until further statements comes out, from the involved parties.

speculation can ruin lives.

It's already all over twitter.. CDC doesn't hold a candle to the rest of social media and what's being said.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, AriGold said:

It's already all over twitter.. CDC doesn't hold a candle to the rest of social media and what's being said.

CDC is run by a private company, whose employee is currently involved in an allegation.

Letting people speculate on the employers website about one of their employees could end up badly.

Im not a lawyer, but I hope they've run the descision to allow chat on this matter past one.

2 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

To be honest mods, I would close this thread . Make it happen , nothing good is going to come of this let the authorities figure this out not speculations on a forum .

I agree. 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Don't most NHL contracts have clauses that void them, if you break the team's code of conduct? 

If Jake is guilty, would his contract just be terminated? 

That’s correct. Kings did that with Voynov.

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The thing about this situation is that I don't think there really is a way to investigate this properly. It's a he said/she said, and unless there's a smoking gun somewhere, nothing can be proven. That isn't to say that he's innocent, but it's hard to imagine anyone finding any evidence of guilt.

Regardless of all of that, his playing days in the NHL are done.

This is my thought process as well. Its unfortunate, but its the reality. And it's a major part in why so few want to come forward. As long as the other party says they are innocent there is no way to prove otherwise. 

I'm not labeling Jake innocent or guilty though. But the whole thing leaves a bad taste. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Don't most NHL contracts have clauses that void them, if you break the team's code of conduct? 

If Jake is guilty, would his contract just be terminated? 

Yes, it's standard boilerplate from the league. This would constitute a material breach of league/team rules on player conduct. It would likely end up being litigated, however.

Edited by MattJVD
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, iwtl said:

Jake has played his last game in a cancuks jersey no matter how this ends.

This is now about if Jake has any trade value or can be kept as expansion draft fodder.

Maybe if Jake was a UFA Arizona would pick him up. 

Neither the complainant nor Jake will find any justice on a hockey forum. If you want to propagate rumours and tweets you can fill your boots here. If you want to add talking points to back up your dislike of  Jake or your opinion on JB’s assessments of character, go ahead and gorge yourself here. Maybe you can find a way to shape this to blame Green.

Just don’t pretend this thread has anything to do with justice. 

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

If this turns out to be true and I will wait to see. If it is true then I hope he gets what he deserves. I have zero patience for people who prey on others.

Jake will not be back next year no mater how this plays out.

Have they called up a replacement. Can we maybe get a look at Gad. They say his skating has improved. it would be nice to see how much.

Let this play out and find out the truth which is more important than sweeping under the rug.   Virtanen has the right to a fair due process that is afforded to him in Canada.  We don't need to go out with pitchforks.