Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jake Virtanen placed on leave by the Canucks following sexual misconduct allegation

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, tas said:

like I mentioned in the post you quoted, innocent until proven guilty. however, jake's character (or lack thereof) has been on full display for 7 years now. I''ll feel more or less the same whether he's guilty or innocent of these accusations.

kool bro   regardless on your opinion  jakes a better hockey player than you think his times up in van  wait til he scores 25 goals next season   in the  states

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, DSVII said:

You feel better now getting that off your chest?

You feel better after that whispered nothing? Sounds like you need to clean off your chest

 

I'll feel better when this franchise' fanbase resembles more of a polite, rule of law society instead of a bunch of envious, entitled, indoor-cat city slicking rejects with nothin better to do than Karen crusade over matters of due process which precedent made, may totally ruin their own lives some day.

Imagine if this happened while the nucks were on a playoff run?

It'd be like Aaron Rome injustice times a thousand.

You guys remember the Gomeshi case? Yeah he was/is a total douchebag, but Lucy from trailer park boys was totally into her interaction (s) with him as proven in, wait for it, a court of law.

Jake isn't a gamma schmoozer, he's a stud NHL hockey player. He's also a human being and a Canadian citizen, born into hundreds of years of common law and magna carta heritage.

The speed in which you all seem ready to fold into some semblance of a Chinese communist citizen rat parade, similar to Stazi Germany, is unnerving.

Karma gonna come around one of these days for all y'all

Edited by tigerswaggerman
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I don't quite get this.... so stand there to what, just be seen? they suspended Jake immediately, launched an investigation and made a pretty strong statement of support for people who've been abused. 

 

The Canucks handled this correctly, but I'm not surprised our trash media has some sort of issue with it. 

 

The media wonders why it gets criticized for being negative/having an agenda.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tigerswaggerman said:

You feel better after that whispered nothing? Sounds like you need to clean off your chest

 

I'll feel better when this franchise' fanbase resembles more of a polite, rule of law society instead of a bunch of envious, entitled, indoor-cat city slicking rejects with nothin better to do that Karen crusade over matters of due process which precedent made, may totally ruin their own lives some day.

Imagine if this happened while the nucks were on a playoff run?

It'd be like Aaron Rome injustice times a thousand.

You guys remember the Gomeshi case? Yeah he was/is a total douchebag, but Lucy from trailer park boys was totally into her interaction (s) with him as proven on, wait for it, a court of law.

Jake isn't a gamma schmoozer, he's a stud NHL hockey player. He's also a human being and a Canadian citizen, born into hundreds of years of common law and magna carta heritage.

The speed on which you all seem ready to fold into some semblance of a Chinese communist citizen rat parade, similar to Stazi Germany, is unnerving.

Karma gonna come around one of these days for all y'all

 couldnt be said any better   people should be ashamed of their actions on here

 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tigerswaggerman said:

You feel better after that whispered nothing? Sounds like you need to clean off your chest

 

I'll feel better when this franchise' fanbase resembles more of a polite, rule of law society instead of a bunch of envious, entitled, indoor-cat city slicking rejects with nothin better to do than Karen crusade over matters of due process which precedent made, may totally ruin their own lives some day.

Imagine if this happened while the nucks were on a playoff run?

It'd be like Aaron Rome injustice times a thousand.

You guys remember the Gomeshi case? Yeah he was/is a total douchebag, but Lucy from trailer park boys was totally into her interaction (s) with him as proven in, wait for it, a court of law.

Jake isn't a gamma schmoozer, he's a stud NHL hockey player. He's also a human being and a Canadian citizen, born into hundreds of years of common law and magna carta heritage.

The speed in which you all seem ready to fold into some semblance of a Chinese communist citizen rat parade, similar to Stazi Germany, is unnerving.

Karma gonna come around one of these days for all y'all

More name calling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gurn said:

More name calling.

More sour puss nothings.

Yeah I'm calling names cuz someone has to instill just a bit of shame into this mess of a condemning, Orwellian movement.

Wake up

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2021 at 11:09 AM, kloubek said:

So on the surface, this really doesn't look good for him. 

BUT, innocent until proven guilty. 

I expected Jake to be off this team by the offseason, but not like this. One has to think the Canucks may use this to terminate his contract... which, if you think about it, might be really, really good for us.

You ever want to see a crappy human being...this would be it. 

 

Regardless of the bad situation, one sees the personal benefits from it, is a sad person. :picard:

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

kool bro   regardless on your opinion  jakes a better hockey player than you think his times up in van  wait til he scores 25 goals next season   in the  states

I'll buy you a steak dinner when that happens. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, tigerswaggerman said:

The fact that a professional hockey player will get put on leave simply because someone somewhere makes an accusation, is a disgusting perversion of due process and indicative of a larger regressive trend in our society. 

They started this in the state colleges where males were being automatically expelled because of a rape allegation. Lots of those rape allegations were proven false.

 

All you midwits who think the organization did the right thing should be ashamed, and aware that the same thing could strip you of your ability to pay your bills, your mortgage, your rent, and literally destroy your life.

Shame on all of you witch hunting, cancel-culture nazis. Just going along to get along eh

 

Pathetic

 

It's beyond ridiculous. Going to hotel rooms with Chad hockey stars and then making this accusation years later is suspect. Maybe Jake was inappropriate,  maybe he wasn't. 

 

The most inappropriate thing to occur here is the rapidity in which a converged league will throw one of its players under the bus without due process. Corporate cancer trendy nonsense.

 

YOU PEOPLE deserve a left field accusation in your life if you're pitchforking on this issue.

 

Bunch of reeeeeeeeee

tarts

Nope.  They did the right thing.   Victim blaming isn't a good look.   They had no choice but to do what they did (the Canucks).   You don't know any of the details on any of those "college" stories.   Maybe think of this for a minute.  If you know two women, maybe sisters, aunts, current or former wives, mother's you almost certainly know a victim, look up the odds if you need too.  We can't just sweep these thing under the rug anymore.    These things have to be taken seriously.   The days of ass patting in the office left in the early-mid 90's.    You have zero clue to how many women go through this by your remarks.   The state simply HAS to take every allegation seriously.   And these "college boys " you talked about,  well growing up with a penis odds are some will have to take the pendulum which is finally shifting closer to the middle in the jaw.  Too bad.    Plus they'd get their school back right?   A small price to pay compared to the mellinia of pain caused by as you say - re-tarts not being able to control their hormones.    

 

This is one step away from saying "well look how she dressed".   No means No.   It's not a hard concept, well except for the re-tarts that never got that word .    Males are bigger and stronger.  If you were raised right, you Dad should have sat you down at least once and had "the talk".   Which is - never hit a women, ever, for absolutely any reason including if they hit you a lot first.   And never do anything with them they don't consent too.   It's really pretty simple.   Nazi-misogyny ... need to look in the mirror.    Families hide this $&!# all the time.   Go talk you yours.   Bet somewhere, a lot closer then you think, someone has had their entire life affected by this but it's not common knowledge, if your lucky enough maybe one of them will open your mind a little, odds are they won't talk about it though as these things get buried for a reason.  But your worried about college students lol.   Not cool. 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tigerswaggerman said:

More sour puss nothings.

Yeah I'm calling names cuz someone has to instill just a bit of shame into this mess of a condemning, Orwellian movement.

Wake up

Wah!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

 

The media wonders why it gets criticized for being negative/having an agenda.

no kidding. I'm surprised the Province hasn't blamed the fans for Jake yet. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It definitely isn't the coach's job to comment on the Virtanen situation and I have no idea why that Johnston article is offending so many here.

 

Benning and Aquilini are the leaders of the team, and throwing out a coach without a new contract to face the forefront for the (very serious) situation is pathetic.

Edited by Josepho
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Nope.  They did the right thing.   Victim blaming isn't a good look.   They had no choice but to do what they did (the Canucks).   You don't know any of the details on any of those "college" stories.   Maybe think of this for a minute.  If you know two women, maybe sisters, aunts, current or former wives, mother's you almost certainly know a victim, look up the odds if you need too.  We can't just sweep these thing under the rug anymore.    These things have to be taken seriously.   The days of ass patting in the office left in the early-mid 90's.    You have zero clue to how many women go through this by your remarks.   The state simply HAS to take every allegation seriously.   And these "college boys " you talked about,  well growing up with a penis odds are some will have to take the pendulum which is finally shifting closer to the middle in the jaw.  Too bad.    Plus they'd get their school back right?   A small price to pay compared to the mellinia of pain caused by as you say - re-tarts not being able to control their hormones.    

 

This is one step away from saying "well look how she dressed".   No means No.   It's not a hard concept, well except for the re-tarts that never got that word .    Males are bigger and stronger.  If you were raised right, you Dad should have sat you down at least once and had "the talk".   Which is - never hit a women, ever, for absolutely any reason including if they hit you a lot first.   And never do anything with them they don't consent too.   It's really pretty simple.   Nazi-misogyny ... need to look in the mirror.    Families hide this $&!# all the time.   Go talk you yours.   Bet somewhere, a lot closer then you think, someone has had their entire life affected by this but it's not common knowledge, if your lucky enough maybe one of them will open your mind a little, odds are they won't talk about it though as these things get buried for a reason.  But your worried about college students lol.   Not cool. 

This is an example of actual name calling.

If you are implying that I don't have empathy for a victim of a sexual assault crime, because I'm simply advocating for due process, well you must be borderline _______ something.

 

To presume that I'm ignorant of such trauma is telling of your own arrogant self righteous, snotty idiocy. 

My sister has been raped, and no I didnt, haven't, and am not inclined to victim blame.

 

But to jump to, "we gotta believe all women" is one of the most detestable leaps when it comes to concepts of equality.

You are posturing as if your protective sensibility is more sincere and respectable than the declarative defense of all peoples in society to be treated fairly. Sounds like you're a product of rhetorical feminist intersectional propaganda that I'm very well acquainted with.

And some of those college boys you malign without your own research into the individual case's nuance killed themselves. But, good riddance am I right? 

Your ingrained concepts of privilege are revolting.

 

To call someone a victim blamer for simply standing up to mob justice is cancer.

 

Don't act or presume that others haven't experienced extreme trauma.

 

I get that most of you are at least semi literate, being on a logocentric online community, but you are acting like it's spelled ad Hamonic.

 

Victim blaming!

Some pigs are more equal than others I guess.

Have you even read more than one Eric Blair book? Your lack of a classical education is palpable, let alone your devoid understanding of 20th century history and basic power dynamics.

 

Sit down son, and please refrain from insinuating nonsense about my father, who you, by comparison, are a grease spot both morally and physically.

 

Jerk

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jack Fig said:

The guttural sounds you're hearing are coming from Jake's parents ... who are now realizing they won't be retiring in a lakefront estate in the interior. 

..........more likely the 333 hundred block of King Road in Abby if Jake is found guilty, so they can be close to him.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 9:33 AM, xereau said:

I've got a suspicion that Jimbo's gone the day after the last game.


The team's spiraled completely out of control, and this is how Aquilini will attempt to put out the flames.

 

 

He's had what.. 6 or 7 years now? That's plenty long enough and a sizeable sample size to be evaluated.

He's made some good moves and some not so good but he has failed in assembling a group of players able to win.

Time for a fresh set of eyes and ears. It's on him... end of story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Nope.  They did the right thing.   Victim blaming isn't a good look.   They had no choice but to do what they did (the Canucks).   You don't know any of the details on any of those "college" stories.   Maybe think of this for a minute.  If you know two women, maybe sisters, aunts, current or former wives, mother's you almost certainly know a victim, look up the odds if you need too.  We can't just sweep these thing under the rug anymore.    These things have to be taken seriously.   The days of ass patting in the office left in the early-mid 90's.    You have zero clue to how many women go through this by your remarks.   The state simply HAS to take every allegation seriously.   And these "college boys " you talked about,  well growing up with a penis odds are some will have to take the pendulum which is finally shifting closer to the middle in the jaw.  Too bad.    Plus they'd get their school back right?   A small price to pay compared to the mellinia of pain caused by as you say - re-tarts not being able to control their hormones.    

 

This is one step away from saying "well look how she dressed".   No means No.   It's not a hard concept, well except for the re-tarts that never got that word .    Males are bigger and stronger.  If you were raised right, you Dad should have sat you down at least once and had "the talk".   Which is - never hit a women, ever, for absolutely any reason including if they hit you a lot first.   And never do anything with them they don't consent too.   It's really pretty simple.   Nazi-misogyny ... need to look in the mirror.    Families hide this $&!# all the time.   Go talk you yours.   Bet somewhere, a lot closer then you think, someone has had their entire life affected by this but it's not common knowledge, if your lucky enough maybe one of them will open your mind a little, odds are they won't talk about it though as these things get buried for a reason.  But your worried about college students lol.   Not cool. 

 ya  who said anything bout sweeping this  under a mat     the police can imvestgate  the alleged offense doesnt mean u can say his guilty just because a woman came forward  in all reality   your ruining someones reputation on a statement that no one knows is the truth   or not  maybe wait before u condemm someone

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...