The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jake Virtanen placed on leave by the Canucks following sexual misconduct allegation

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Honestly, there is nothing in what you said that proves anything either way at this point.

Ummm... yeah. That's why I wrote "BUT, innocent until proven guilty", which you chose to ignore.

Edited by kloubek

28 minutes ago, gurn said:

But you did post something you did not know was true.

I didn’t start this whole rumour mill. It was already trending on Twitter and I just posted that Virtanen has some allegations coming his way. Nothing wrong about that. 

28 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I read the twitter post with the accuser's original comments. If those are accurate, then I don't see this as an indictable sexual offence.

According to her comments, she didn't say "No!!!" What she said multiple times is "I don't want to have sex!!" That could be misconstrued as it's okay to make out but I don't want to have sex. According to the statement once she became adamant, Jake realized she wasn't interested and backed off. She slept at his hotel room with no further contact.

This should be the wake up call to Jake. He is on the precipice. Fall off or claw your way back on like Kassian. Would Seattle even want him now? Teams like Arizona and LA don't seem to mind scumbags. Jake is now labelled whether he likes it or not.

I was wrong about Jake. He has skills, but his ego is ruining him.

I would think that saying you don't want to have sex should mean to back off with antics that precede sex. Why does "no" need to be said in a million different tones before the point is made? 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

“Sure i will go to a hotel room with you jake for our date, will you be bringing the crib board or should i bring my custom one?”

She didn’t know she was going to the hotel room by the account posted. 

27 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'd like to see this thread, and any other similar ones, locked until further statements comes out, from the involved parties.

speculation can ruin lives.

I’m not at all for censorship, but appreciate where you’re coming from.

When I see the media release which rather explicitly separates Orca from Jake, because of an allegation, I am forced to realize that something like that, is what ruins peoples lives, not us, gossipers. 

The Canucks have essentially left Jake out in the open for the vultures.  It happens all the time. An allegation happens and then the person who it’s made against is treated like a disease until the court stuff is over.  

And what happens when it’s not true, or there’s no conviction? 

It’s incredible how we can treat a person as guilty and get away with it like that, despite the law.  

I’d like all predators evaporated, most definitely, but I wonder how many times these types of allegations are erroneous, malicious or worse. How can Orca or any other employer get away with what amounts to, we don’t want to be associated with someone associated with something that is unproven, because it’s so disgusting...?  

Regardless, switching gears, the Virtanen family will be in hell and that’s going to be brutal for them.  I really hope Jake is just a dirty boy, and not a predator. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Regardless of the outcome of this it’s obvious he lacks the maturity and focus that you want in a player.

If it weren’t for him being a high pick and a BC guy I think his chances may have already run out.

But.... if we trade him it'll be Cam Neely all over again!!!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

She didn’t know she was going to the hotel room by the account posted. 

Even if she did, there's a thing called a change of mind. And it should be respected. 

Edited by LionofJudah
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Misbehaving nhl players with groupies is nothing new. But the culture is changing and society will not accept it. 

People need to video record everything now, esp if you are in a position of power. Alomar just got slammed. He may be guilty, I don't know. But MLB and Bluejays dumped him pretty fast. 

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Those statements are from different places. I was referring to the original statement from twitter that has since been deleted. She didn't claim to have said "No!!" at the time. According to her own statement, she said "I don't want to have sex!!" several times.