The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jake Virtanen placed on leave by the Canucks following sexual misconduct allegation

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, gurn said:

The only good to come from this thread, is the incentive to put a few more posters on ignore.

I think I’ll do like Deb and put this whole thread on ignore. Each time I check back I read something incredibly stupid like “so glad we prioritized the rapist over Toffoli.” 

Not good for my blood pressure.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I think I’ll do like Deb and put this whole thread on ignore. Each time I check back I read something incredibly stupid like “so glad we prioritized the rapist over Toffoli.” 

Not good for my blood pressure.

Maybe CDC is the source of my high blood pressure? 

Just now, King Heffy said:

Was hoping Seattle would take a chance on him, but this removes that hope.  Buy him out if you can't trade him.

Even if the allegations were proven false. I find it very unlikely Jake will play another game for Vancouver. I think this is the last straw. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Could have had Ehlers, but Benning thought it was a "no-brainer" to pick this clown.  And then he doubled down with an over-bloated contract after last year.  Now it ends like this. 

Losing to Boston the way we did hurt us for a while where Benning felt we needed bigger guys over skilled players.

31 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Bandwagoner.

lol j/k

You and the other JV user names better run for cover... 

Orca doesn’t want to associated with you.  Suspension incoming in ... 3... 2... 1... 

:goat:

Boo...?

19 minutes ago, Provost said:

Well you didn't read very clearly to start.... 

"I physically couldn't hold him off any longer, after I said no well over a dozen times I just laid there, staring at the ceiling waiting for him to finish".

That is indictable sexual assault... as it would the way you misinterpreted it too.  A woman doesn't have to say no a dozen times for the law to take her seriously.

The thing about our justice system is that it is designed to let off 100 guilty people just to make sure it doesn't convict an innocent person.  That is a feature of the system and not a bug... but it is also why most sexual assault investigations don't end up in charges or findings of guilt.  There has to be fairly overwhelming evidence, and that just doesn't often happen in a situation where there are two people alone telling different stories.  That is why sexual assault goes unreported most of the time, why put yourself through it when it isn't likely to result in anything.  Especially in a public case where all you are doing is opening yourself up for random idiots on the internet attacking your character.

There isn't likely to be a conviction or even charges in this case unless there is more evidence that the statement.  That is because Crown won't pursue a case that doesn't have any significant likelihood of conviction.

I saw the other locked thread and decided to read the statement on twitter. It was in parts and I definitely did not see that statement. It was disgusting without that part. That pushes this into a chargeable offence in my opinion.

Just now, gurn said:

Never, ever heard of false allegations?

For sure. False or not people don't make these allegations out of no where. This is Jake we are talking about we have all seen his behavior patterns. It doesn't have to be true to me for the fact that he is attracting these accusations with his foul behavior to be enough to want him as far away from the team as possible. And if allegations are true I hope he is convicted to the full extent. 

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

For sure. False or not people don't make these allegations out of no where. This is Jake we are talking about we have all seen his behavior patterns. It doesn't have to be true to me for the fact that he is attracting these accusations with his foul behavior to be enough to want him as far away from the team as possible. And if allegations are true I hope he is convicted to the full extent. 

Statistically speaking you are incorrect. False accusations are statistically rare but they do happen.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Lol. I just texted my friend saying that I couldn't believe that this is now the end product of our endless arguing back in the day regarding the 2014 draft. :lol:

Back in 2014!!! Has it been that long????  

And he still can’t score on a consistent basis??  

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

For sure. False or not people don't make these allegations out of no where.

B.S.

question, from my posting history, do you condsider me a "dirtbag'"?

From your previous statement, I'd have to say yes, you consider me a dirtbag.

I say that because I've been falsely accused of a sex crime.

So I meet your criteria of dirtbag.

• Upvote 1