The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | May (02-08) 2021

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Capitals have announced Tom Wilson will not return tonight due to an upper-body injury.

Both of his hands were bloody in the box. Likely caught the helmet in the fight. Likely a hand injury. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

When you're only watching a hockey game to see when the next fight happens :lol:

scared season 5 GIF by Portlandia

Hahaha I love Portlandia!

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hahaha I love Portlandia!

Honestly never have watched it, good thing you wrote the title so I could google it and see what you meant :lol:.

I kind of was picturing old time hockey fans getting excited watching this game tbh :bigblush:

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

nashville  were playing desperate!!!! but blue jackets held off and scored the EN with 0.5s remaining

this means that with blue jackets and detroit playing each other for thier final 2 games they could both finish with more points than they have now. 50-47 or maybe 49-48

Edited by Petey_BOI

It's hilarious that the NHL has such a long history of sending their head of Player Safety to games as if that is somehow going to impact how players play. 

I totally get that DoPS is a thankless job, but its really weird that they consistently hire basically the most biased players that they could possibly find. Guys like Lidstrom and Selanne are obviously probably above the job, but its that type of player that went through the grind of the 90s but also managed to play clean that I would want making suspension decisions. They understand more old school hockey but they also played the game about as clean as it gets. 

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I have to admit definitely got a cool old school hockey vibe from the Caps Rangers game tonight and liked it tbh.

I'm always kind of embarrassed about how much I like violent sports. Like, I hate street fights, I hate seeing violence for no reason... but when it comes to hockey/boxing/MMA, even though I know that people are sometimes getting serious hurt and potentially lifelong consequences, there is a part of my brain that can't turn off my interest in seeing it.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

8 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I'm always kind of embarrassed about how much I like violent sports. Like, I hate street fights, I hate seeing violence for no reason... but when it comes to hockey/boxing/MMA, even though I know that people are sometimes getting serious hurt and potentially lifelong consequences, there is a part of my brain that can't turn off my interest in seeing it.

Generations of people have always had an interest in watching guys duke it out heck way back it was life or death they wanted to watch back in roman time, at least it's not that extreme now, but watching people duke it out it's just kind of exciting, but definitely sucks when something bad happens, although you still want to watch it :lol:

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup