The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | May (02-08) 2021

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Sens got a good one in B Tkachuk. He may well be the best of his draft class when all is said and done.

I think you probably go 

1. Tkachuk 

2. Svechnikov 

3. Dahlin 

4. Hughes 

in a re-draft. 

4 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I have to admit definitely got a cool old school hockey vibe from the Caps Rangers game tonight and liked it tbh.

I enjoyed the game too. Glad to see no serious injuries from the fights first off, then it was nice to see the emotion. Not even just the fights themselves, something like the back & forth between Mantha/Buchnevich. The safety of the players is paramount, but it is fun to have that kind of drama once in awhile. 

Then after the game settled down and all was good, came away with a great story.

Don't understand slamming the NHL for it tbh. 

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

Samantha Chang of the Broadscast got offended by it

Saw lots of people on Twitter vehemently against it. Feels a little ideological TBH. Like the hockey 'progressives' have already planted their stake in the ground that the 'culture' (whatever that means, exactly) is horrific & needs to be burned to the ground, therefore this can't possibly be good in any way.

Which isn't to say hockey can't improve in some areas, but it feels like a tribal take - atleast in some cases. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Kind of a shame that Wilson's garbage has to overlook the nice story of Oshie's hat-trick after his Dad's passing.

Not to make light of the passing of Oshie's dad but the cynical side in me thinks the NHL is relieved with this story

13 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I know of a lot of rich morons.

One was running that country down south for a while. 

500k? wow, what the actual F. That is good salad for sitting on one's hands. 

I'm just guessing, but I figure it has to be more than what the top ref's make. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I enjoyed the game too. Glad to see no serious injuries from the fights first off, then it was nice to see the emotion. Not even just the fights themselves, something like the back & forth between Mantha/Buchnevich. The safety of the players is paramount, but it is fun to have that kind of drama once in awhile. 

Then after the game settled down and all was good, came away with a great story.

Don't understand slamming the NHL for it tbh. 

Saw lots of people on Twitter vehemently against it. Feels a little ideological TBH. Like the hockey 'progressives' have already planted their stake in the ground that the 'culture' (whatever that means, exactly) is horrific & needs to be burned to the ground, therefore this can't possibly be good in any way.

Which isn't to say hockey can't improve in some areas, but it feels like a tribal take - atleast in some cases. 

It's the NHL's own doing.  In some instances, they throw the book at guys and vehemently insist there's no room for this stuff in the league.

Then, in the next game, it all goes awry and the application of the rules and subsequent discipline are askew.

I loved good old rough, tough hockey too but you can't have your cake and eat it too.  You can't allow "some" stuff to slide through and make an example out of others.  

The safety of the players is paramount BUT?   It either is or it isn't.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1