The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | May (02-08) 2021

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's the NHL's own doing.  In some instances, they throw the book at guys and vehemently insist there's no room for this stuff in the league.

Then, in the next game, it all goes awry and the application of the rules and subsequent discipline are askew.

I loved good old rough, tough hockey too but you can't have your cake and eat it too.  You can't allow "some" stuff to slide through and make an example out of others.  

The safety of the players is paramount BUT?   It either is or it isn't.

You'll get no argument from me on DoPS constantly dropping the ball. The lack of logic and consistency is astounding.

I meant more in regards to fighting in general. Though I do think there would've been some sort of fireworks even if Wilson had been suspended, but likely to a lesser degree. (And maybe in a rematch after Wilson's suspension)

When I said safety is paramount I mean in the fights themselves, again obviously a desire for DoPS to be competent goes without saying.  

I don't want to see like 70's / 80's style brawls with dangerous cheapshots and stuff, where guys really got knocked out. I'd like to see the odd fight where it's an organic, spirited scrap, and both guys come away fine without any serious bell ringing.

With the mandatory visors & inability to take helmets off alot of the fights end up being mostly wrestling matches now anyways, which is good. I don't agree with the tribal take off all fighting must go & everything about hockey (the past basically) is horrible.

6 hours ago, mll said:

I remember he got rocked in the head from a hit(into the boards I believe) and clearly was woozy/concussed and was still trying to get into the scrum that occurred after. 

Dude is a warrior. 

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

NHL COVID-Protocol Related Absences List -- May 07.

Added:

None

Removed:

Josh Leivo (CGY)

Evgeny Svechnikov (DET)

On List:

Devan Dubnyk (COL)

Evgeny Kuznetsov (WSH)

Isnt samsonov a covid related absence too?