The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Fan since 82 said:

Tru but then he can say 'Jim has already addressed this...' probably not much different but I just think it was Benning's responsibility to be out front. 

I don’t know it’s like trying to shine a turd. No ones going to say anything regardless right now. I don’t see the point and I don’t see any out of the ordinary here. I really don’t understand what people are trying to make out of it. I don’t get it 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Devron44 said:

I don’t know it’s like trying to shine a turd. No ones going to say anything regardless right now. I don’t see the point and I don’t see any out of the ordinary here. I really don’t understand what people are trying to make out of it. I don’t get it 

He’s the de facto front man of the organization with no President holding that job currently. 

They are literaly upset that J.B. didn't go on a web/zoom call to say " I can't say more than what the statement says".

Then half of the complainers would moan " Why is J.B.. wasting time, talking about something he can't talk about; shouldn't he be scouting or something?".

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

They are literaly upset that J.B. didn't go on a web/zoom call to say " I can't say more than what the statement says".

Then half of the complainers would moan " Why is J.B.. wasting time, talking about something he can't talk about; shouldn't he be scouting or something?".

Pretty much exactly it. Made this argument countless times. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He’s the de facto front man of the organization with no President holding that job currently. 

I honestly don’t care about a 10 minute zoom call. It’s gotta be the one of the strangest reaches I’ve ever seen 

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont care about the zoom call. I wonder more why the GM and AGM are out scouting rather than letting their scouts do that while they try to get a handle on other things that need to get done.

Scouting the same players your scouts have been watching yourself is a pretty good means of evaluating their work.  Better than waiting until the scouts recommend a dud.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

If you're saying it's a big nothing, I'm agreeing with you. 

13 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont care about the zoom call. I wonder more why the GM and AGM are out scouting rather than letting their scouts do that while they try to get a handle on other things that need to get done.

:picard: I would rather have my gm go look at prospects with the one of the few opportunities they have this year rather than anything else seeing how we are going to have a high pick this year in each round. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

He's drooling over Matvei Michkov,  and planning next seasons tank to get him in the 2022 draft .  See .....

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/u-18-world-championship-roundup-round-robin-recap

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

:picard: I would rather have my gm go look at prospects with the one of the few opportunities they have this year rather than anything else seeing how we are going to have a high lick this year in each round. 

Kinky.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wonder if Benning would stay on as the head of scouting if ownership decides to relieve him of his GM job.

Tim Robinson Yes GIF by The Lonely Island

my opinion, neither Benning nor Green are going anywhere. This season has been anything but close to being routine or normal.