The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The bottom six is still better than the Willie days, even after the injuries, considering that at least all of our guys have some hope of being NHLers as opposed to being useless pieces of garbage like Megna.

Useless pieces of garbage....jeez. You are merciless.

9 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Oh, there was a time when our Utica prospects weren’t developing up to some folks’ expectations….so a lot of people did what they tend to do. Blame the coach (in this case Cull), rather than realize that not all prospects follow the quick and easy path. I mean, if I didn’t have much of a life I could go back and surely find lots of posts ripping into Cull about not gifting the Lind’s and Gadj’s a ton of ice time.

Ah.  CDC people.  My mistake.  I inferred the people were such as Faber or Dhaliwal, or the Observer-Dispatch.  Informed people.  My apologies for jumping all over your post ..... now it makes sense in some context

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The bottom six is still better than the Willie days, even after the injuries, considering that at least all of our guys have some hope of being NHLers as opposed to being useless pieces of garbage like Megna.

megna has played nhl games for arguably the best team in the league this year. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Useless pieces of garbage....jeez. You are merciless.

I had to clean it up a lot for the forum.  Willie should have been fired on the spot for even considering allowing that pylon to disgrace the franchise with his absolutely atrocious play.

• Haha 1

It’s time to play the kids, folks! With the way the schedule is presented and tough opponents ahead, making the playoffs is a reach at this point. OJ is playing well. Lind has been impressive in his first couple of games. Give Rathbone, DiPietro a shot at some point as well. Anything can happen still though so let’s get our act together and back on track. GCG!

Just now, King Heffy said:

I had to clean it up a lot for the forum.  Willie should have been fired on the spot for even considering allowing that pylon to disgrace the franchise with his absolutely atrocious play.

maybe you were expecting too much from a 13th or 14th forward?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Somewhere Jayson's ears are afire.

Just now, tas said:

maybe you were expecting too much from a 13th or 14th forward?

I would expect someone who could at least play limited minutes in an emergency and not completely embarrass himself.  13th and 14th forwards are still usually legit NHLers who can help you win, unlike that worthless plug.

• Haha 2

Several seasons ago Benning did some scouting in the states. (boston ny area)   The local media clowns and their idiot followers jumped all over Benning and stated that he should be doing other GM activities. Fast forward a few seasons and these same media clowns and their idiotic followers give all credit for scouting to Brackett. They ignore the fact that they snivelled and whined about Benning scouting when he should have been doing whatever their little minds decided he should have been doing.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

If people think we play with any degree of system offensively take a close look at the game tonight

watch how many times either the passer or potential puck receiver are stationary. There is no flow to our offensive “system”. When a team does this it is extremely easy to defend  as the puck passer is quickly and easily swarmed and the receiver is lined up like a blind side hit waiting for a football receiver. This happens countless times and in every powerplay. Its a tell tale sign of a lack of structure and something you see in peewee hockey

this has been an issue all during Green’s tenure 

We have an offensive system, it just doesn't work. Our system without someone like Petey who can control an offensive zone entry, is to dump and chase. The problem with the Canucks as of late is that they just don't win puck battles. The other team wins loose pucks and board battles, and transitions the puck with ease. We have 2 players maybe 3 that can retrieve the puck, and they are the players we want in the slot for a quick shot. Boeser, Miller and Motte. We do not play to our strengths, and we continuously attempt what our coaches are beating into their heads play after play. 

The same can be said for the powerplay. Newell Brown has a game plan, and the players will NEVER stray away from it. What's hilarious is that we get more attempts shorthanded against us, than chances for. We don't adapt to different teams, and we are scared to make actual hockey plays. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont care about the zoom call. I wonder more why the GM and AGM are out scouting rather than letting their scouts do that while they try to get a handle on other things that need to get done.

woah did benning create history here? wazoooooooooooooogaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

The same can be said for the powerplay. Newell Brown has a game plan, and the players will NEVER stray away from it. What's hilarious is that we get more attempts shorthanded against us, than chances for. We don't adapt to different teams, and we are scared to make actual hockey plays. 

So Brown coaches the first PP unit to pass ad nauseum and the second PP unit to shoot as soon as the puck is on their sticks?

Interesting

37 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I reckon the Highmore - Graovac - Hawryluk line is going to see a lot of McDavid.  Prolly our fastest line to keep up (Lockwood, if here, and Bailey, if healthy, sure would be nice to have). Not sure Bo's line with Lind on it is going to get the the heavy match-up minutes.  Scoring has been so thin lately that they might be getting leaned on for offense

You cannot possibly be a real person.

On the flipside, you are a very kindly troll, unlike the usual miserable, lowlife assortment. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I would expect someone who could at least play limited minutes in an emergency and not completely embarrass himself.  13th and 14th forwards are still usually legit NHLers who can help you win, unlike that worthless plug.

well, like I mentioned, he's legit enough for colorado. let me know when any of macewen, hawryluk, highmore, graovac, boyd or michaelis hit 120 nhl gp.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2