The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Couple months with Ian. Just played his second game in Utica I believe. Can’t be all that bad for the guy honestly. Wasn’t a perfect situation though 

oh thought he was still on the taxi squad.

59 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Not nearly enough quality physical play from the Canucks lately.

To be fair, hitting takes a lot of energy so I understand a drop off there. But its not helping them to do a drive by instead of taking a guy out.

You're right considering the Canucks will need to save their energy in keeping up with the speed of McDavid and Draisaitl, battling for the puck. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

You're right considering the Canucks will need to save their energy in keeping up with the speed of McDavid and Draisaitl, battling for the puck. 

Those guys will be very hard to contain. If they have tge puck in our end as much as Toronto did it will be over early unless whoever is in net stands on their head.

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

So he should have did a zoom call about JV even though the Canucks already made a statement and there’s nothing to address until we get more clarity on the situation.

And Benning and John shouldn’t have went and scouted for the upcoming draft or they can’t watch the team play on tv during quarantine? I don’t get the point of this?

I guess it makes more sense for JB & JW to stay home so they can answer each question with “we have no further comment to add to our statement.” Don’t bother taking one of the few opportunities this year to see potential draft picks play. Then people can yell that all our previous good picks were obviously due to Judd Brackett. 

Frankly this part just seems petty and a giant stretch.

• Hydration 3

If people think we play with any degree of system offensively take a close look at the game tonight

watch how many times either the passer or potential puck receiver are stationary. There is no flow to our offensive “system”. When a team does this it is extremely easy to defend  as the puck passer is quickly and easily swarmed and the receiver is lined up like a blind side hit waiting for a football receiver. This happens countless times and in every powerplay. Its a tell tale sign of a lack of structure and something you see in peewee hockey

this has been an issue all during Green’s tenure 

59 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

If people think we play with any degree of system offensively take a close look at the game tonight

watch how many times either the passer or potential puck receiver are stationary. There is no flow to our offensive “system”. When a team does this it is extremely easy to defend  as the puck passer is quickly and easily swarmed and the receiver is lined up like a blind side hit waiting for a football receiver. This happens countless times and in every powerplay. Its a tell tale sign of a lack of structure and something you see in peewee hockey

this has been an issue all during Green’s tenure 

And Willie's. 

And torts

How long have you been following this team?

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

I know this is not the right proper form but I will say it anyways. I also realize this has been said before, however few teams seem to do it. The only way to reduce the damage done by McDick and Dr. Drai is to shadow them constantly, even when you are down a man, and to hit to hurt.

23 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

I know this is not the right proper form but I will say it anyways. I also realize this has been said before, however few teams seem to do it. The only way to reduce the damage done by McDick and Dr. Drai is to shadow them constantly, even when you are down a man, and to hit to hurt.

Yup, interference all over the ice.

Anyone remember the Dorsett game?  

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
7 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Mcdavid does what he wants. There’s little you can do to contain him. He’s on another planet right now and the way the Canucks are built and play they would be my last choice in picking a team that could at least slow him down. The only chance they have is with good goaltending. 

39 minutes ago, appleboy said:

The best thing for this club would be a massive losing streak.  Play just well enough to come close to winning but not win. Not win any more this year. At all. No more. This year. At all.

I disagree.  These are competitive athletes and I care more about the guys on the roster than the wish list.  It would have a negative impact on them...some may really start losing confidence and changing their games.  

I want them to be rewarded for playing hard so they don't lose incentive to do so.  Their happiness matters (too)....check them out after a win and after a loss to see what's "best" for them (not us). 

The best thing for this club is to give it their all and take pride in how resilient they were in doing so.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

Didn't the Av's have good seasons then went to mediocrity and then crap during 2016-17?

They bounced back pretty quick. 

The team has some good pieces. We need some youth and depth at centre, and young players that can fill out the bottom 6. 

This season is a write off. Sickness, distractions, no fans in the building. 

If the team struggles 1/4 of the way into next season. Then look at blowing it up. Yes losing sucks. 

46 minutes ago, appleboy said:

The best thing for this club would be a massive losing streak.  Play just well enough to come close to winning but not win. Not win any more this year. At all. No more. This year. At all.

Yeah that doesn’t help anyone there Tank Commander  

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP