The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 hours ago, Squamfan said:

wouldn't you rather have them at one of the only chances to scout prospects in person this year? thats more important that being at an empty Rogers Areana as this year fizzles out. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

The season isn't over yet.   It would be so "Canucks" to go on a run right now.  It would also be so "Canucks" to win one or two more and that's it.    Hope it's the former, that's what the heart wants, but the mind says the latter.    Just hope the stink of this season washed off over the off season, we pick a great core player to add to the list, and keep the future bright.   Too much negative stuff on the CDC right now, patience friends.   

Over the next two years the future of this core will be determined.   For sure reason to be optimistic.   OTT just missed their fourth playoff.   Experts see us as an up and coming team just like OTT, just like CAR a few years ago.  We for sure are in the mix.    OTT has been compared to our team a few years ago all season.   We have a lot to be thankful for.   Back to the game.   Horvats comments about they aren't out until we are .... good job.   Hope we come out guns ablazing and ruin McDavids best season yet during this series of games. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I disagree.  These are competitive athletes and I care more about the guys on the roster than the wish list.  It would have a negative impact on them...some may really start losing confidence and changing their games.  

I want them to be rewarded for playing hard so they don't lose incentive to do so.  Their happiness matters (too)....check them out after a win and after a loss to see what's "best" for them (not us). 

The best thing for this club is to give it their all and take pride in how resilient they were in doing so.

I agree with you, that the players should not be affected by potential draft picks by adjusting their game in any way.  On the other hand, I really think there is an opportunity to include the best prospects in as many games as they can.  Lind, Rathbone and Gadjovich should be given as many chances as possible to show what they can do. 

Just looking at the horrific schedule ahead of them, I do not anticipate a lot of Ws.  The addition of the prospects will be difficult at times, but in the end they will have a positive effect overall, as they will bring fresh legs and exuberance to an exhausted team.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I agree with you, that the players should not be affected by potential draft picks by adjusting their game in any way.  On the other hand, I really think there is an opportunity to include the best prospects in as many games as they can.  Lind, Rathbone and Gadjovich should be given as many chances as possible to show what they can do. 

Just looking at the horrific schedule ahead of them, I do not anticipate a lot of Ws.  The addition of the prospects will be difficult at times, but in the end they will have a positive effect overall, as they will bring fresh legs and exuberance to an exhausted team.

Really don't see any other choice but to get fresh legs in win or lose and see that happening.   We could rip off five wins in a row and still see them.   Probably the only way that can even happen too.   It's not like the teams been blown out (yet), we've been in all the games, a lot of empty net goals etc.   And good periods too.   My brain says we won't win many more games.   That's ok too.   It is what it is.   Still as a fan, need to support these guys.   After all they are playing for us too. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

wouldn't you rather have them at one of the only chances to scout prospects in person this year? thats more important that being at an empty Rogers Areana as this year fizzles out. 

but nothing stoping them to go on  10 min zoom meeting. I mean Weisbrod is a good scout he told the Flames to select Mark Jankowski because he was going to be the next Joe nieuwendyk 

Just now, Squamfan said:

but nothing stoping them to go on  10 min zoom meeting.

for what purpose? what would it do? 

Just now, Squamfan said:

I mean Weisbrod is a good scout he told the Flames to select Mark Jankowski because he was going to be the next Joe nieuwendyk 

:lol: which is why you want a good scout there. 

Just now, 4petesake said:

A3578867-EB83-432C-BB61-A2B21F457D19.gif

Nailed it.   Feel sorry for him/her.   Blabber's negative vitriol non-stop win or lose.   Crickets when we win with the exception of some props plus invalidations.   Kind of sadastic considering what the teams gone through this season lol.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

but nothing stoping them to go on  10 min zoom meeting. I mean Weisbrod is a good scout he told the Flames to select Mark Jankowski because he was going to be the next Joe nieuwendyk 

Why do you think a zoom call is so important? You know the Canucks aren’t going to make any comments beyond their prepared statement. I think you are just hoping for more another opportunity to chant DimJim.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Why do you think a zoom call is so important? You know the Canucks aren’t going to make any comments beyond their prepared statement. I think you are just hoping for more another opportunity to chant DimJim.

B-B-but we miss out on the opportunity for J Pat to ask a wonderful, thought-provoking question  :(

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

OK Juice is just trolling us now! He was there in the years when they were respected on and off the ice? I love the guy but we all know what his reputation was outside of Vancouver. Respected? Who was respected and where? Even the classiest Canucks like the Sedins were disrespected outside of Van. What respect has the NHL ever shown the Canucks?

As for his rebuild comments I truly hope he gets a chance to prove it someday somewhere. I would love to see him as a coach maybe even a GM. Would miss him in the media though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rychicken said:

B-B-but we miss out on the opportunity for J Pat to ask a wonderful, thought-provoking question  :(

J Pat:

10 second question, after 3 minutes of lead in.

" With the way your team is playing, and the way people tie their shoes; is there any possibility of buying the team velcro shoes; and if so why did you take so long; also why was the Mars landing 30 seconds late.

Oh do you like the way Hoglander is playing"?

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

OK Juice is just trolling us now! He was there in the years when they were respected on and off the ice? I love the guy but we all know what his reputation was outside of Vancouver. Respected? Who was respected and where? Even the classiest Canucks like the Sedins were disrespected outside of Van. What respect has the NHL ever shown the Canucks?

As for his rebuild comments I truly hope he gets a chance to prove it someday somewhere. I would love to see him as a coach maybe even a GM. Would miss him in the media though.

I expect Bieksa will get into coaching some day. He likes the fray. But I think it will be a while, like when his kids are grown up and gone. 

• Like 1