The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Hotel California. If it comes on while I'm in the car, I turn it off and listen to the muffler drag. 

For me it's over-played songs from the radio. The ones that first soured me on over-played songs were Heartache Tonight and Crazy Little thing Called Love. On the radio all the time and played at every party and every jukebox.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

But the problem is...draft picks aren't a given.  There's no guarantee and so that's the consolation prize, not the goal.

Landing and developing talent is how you will attain the real prize. The Canucks are at a point where they must balance going for the playoffs and finishing the rebuild. It is not an easy balancing act but they must continue to add high end talent or this rebuild will blend into the next rebuild.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Taking the time to make and share good food is one of the most genuine things anyone can do. The lack of being able to do that over the last year plus is painful.

So absolutely true!

I miss that SOOO much...family get togethers and pot lucks.  Poker games.

I LOVED working with my (now lifelong) Turkish friends.  They were so kind, generous and the food was a big thing...we'd all gather in the lunch room and the women would bring their dishes to share with us.  A Turkish flat pizza (always forgot the name).  Tabouleh.  Dolma.  It was a wonderful experience learning about their cullture.

I used to joke that we should install cameras in the office and stream our day as  a TV show....like The original Office.  Never a dull moment. 

19 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Anyone remember rolf harris and Jake the Peg?

I remember Rolf, but not the song. He was featured on BBC a lot. Another celebrity with no scruples or morals. 

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

5,000 posts

and I think I’ve run out of stuff to say!

From someone who has 35,000 posts you’d be surprised at how long you can ramble on about nothing.

Im sure you’ve got more in you!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Best character in the comic. My criticism was more the casting. 

The actor was too physically meek imo. Not imposing enough. 

The actor been carrying the show since season 7. 

Best character in the comics and show.