The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, igorwasgreat said:

Mcdavid is pretty tough when there’s less than 5 seconds left and he is near his bench. What a warrior !

I know he's the best and I don't take away from his hockey skills...but he bugs me.  Like a whiney, entitled diva.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

The craziest part about McDavid is how every year he develops something new. He had a bad shot when he came into the league, now he's got one of the top releases in the game, his hands went from being good to otherworldly, now he's been very physical this year (something I had always wished the Sedins would try) and so much of that isn't even expected. He's just always evolving towards the perfect hockey player. Guy doesn't stop til he's the best at every area of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Damn what a line up! 

I went to ticketmaster to get tickets for U2/Flock fo Seagulls/ The Fixx. They sold out and I was 2 more spots in line.

(The hilarious part was I wanted to go to see A Flock fo Seagulls lol)

Lol ... I saw A Flock of Seagulls a couple years ago at the PNE. The singer of The Spoons was with them on guitar. Was an absolute blast. 

Shh ... don't tell anyone. ;)

Have always wanted to see The Fixx. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think that was the start of my brother's hearing loss. 

Went to see Pat Benatar out at UBC with some friends , it was so loud I noticed my friends ear bleeding 

• Cheers 2

Just now, MikeyD said:

The craziest part about McDavid is how every year he develops something new. He had a bad shot when he came into the league, now he's got one of the top releases in the game, his hands went from being good to otherworldly, now he's been very physical this year (something I had always wished the Sedins would try) and so much of that isn't even expected. He's just always evolving towards the perfect hockey player. Guy doesn't stop til he's the best at every area of the game. 

When's he going to develop a set of balls and cut out the flopping and temper tantrums?

15 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

For sure. And the admission price tootger. Can't remember.. but could've been $10-15?

No. More like $3 or $4. 

I remember reading about the Yardbirds playing Kerrisdale Arena in 1967. Before the show they went all the way out to Guildford Mall to sign autographs at a record store there. Jimmy Page at Guildford Mall! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Growing up in Kamloops my first concert at age 14 was April Wine backed up by Heart at the Memorial Arena.  My first concert in Vancouver was a road trip to see Rush Permanent Waves at the Coliseum. Unbelievable. The prophetic robes...

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

No. More like $3 or $4. 

I remember reading about the Yardbirds playing Kerrisdale Arena in 1967. Before the show they went all the way out to Guildford Mall to sign autographs at a record store there. Jimmy Page at Guildford Mall! 

Damn. 

1 minute ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Went to see Pat Benatar out at UBC with some friends , it was so loud I noticed my friends ear bleeding 

LOL....I took my daughter and niece to Fefe Dobson.  They were front row and I wanted to be able to chill/watch them but not...there.  So I climbed up on some "boxes" near the stage so I could keep a close eye on them.  Then the music came blaring out at me...I was on a speaker tower.  I was completely deaf for about 5 days....I could not hear them on the drive home.  It was scary as hell and I learned all about where NOT to position myself at a show.

• Haha 1