The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

LOL....I took my daughter and niece to Fefe Dobson.  They were front row and I wanted to be able to chill/watch them but not...there.  So I climbed up on some "boxes" near the stage so I could keep a close eye on them.  Then the music came blaring out at me...I was on a speaker tower.  I was completely deaf for about 5 days....I could not hear them on the drive home.  It was scary as hell and I learned all about where NOT to position myself at a show.

Damn there's a name I haven't heard in a while. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I saw The Who at the Kingdome!  It was awesome...I had a cabin in Birch Bay back then and we all went back there and partied afterward.

A lot of kids skipped school that day and went. 1982.

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Growing up in Kamloops my first concert at age 14 was April Wine backed up by Heart at the Memorial Arena.  My first concert in Vancouver was a road trip to see Rush Permanent Waves at the Coliseum. Unbelievable. The prophetic robes...

nice, always kick myself for not taking in a Rush performance.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I know he's the best and I don't take away from his hockey skills...but he bugs me.  Like a whiney, entitled diva.

This seems to be the case for guys are considered the best in the game (at least at the moment), and they also happen to play for the Oilers.... *cough*gretzky*cough*

regards,  G.

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Growing up in Kamloops my first concert at age 14 was April Wine backed up by Heart at the Memorial Arena.  My first concert in Vancouver was a road trip to see Rush Permanent Waves at the Coliseum. Unbelievable. The prophetic robes...

I saw Heart with Joan Jett a few years ago. Those old gals were brilliant. One of the best concerts I’ve been too and I’ve been to a lot. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

When's he going to develop a set of balls and cut out the flopping and temper tantrums?

He stopped diving a couple seasons ago. Very rarely whines anymore also. Now he just goes and takes matters into his own hands. 

It's like saying Crosby is a whiner. Guy hasn't been a whiner since early in his career. 

McDavid is extremely special. He's taking command from Gretzky pretty much on how to handle the game. 

I've seen him embellish twice in the last two seasons (not dive, but try to sell a call) and I watch 95% of Oilers games as the wife is a fan and we live out here). I used to hate him for diving because he uses to do it a lot. I have a couple videos on my phone of his bad dives. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nuck-lifer said:

nice, always kick myself for not taking in a Rush performance.

I missed The Police in 1982. 

Saw them when they did their reunion/final tour 2006? I almost died at the ticket price, but it was worth every penny. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Damn there's a name I haven't heard in a while. 

Wow same. I remember watching her first music video thinking she’s about to explode. But I don’t think i’ve thought about her again until now. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'm not comfortable with his play in his own zone given how little experience he has at D.

Ian Clarke? 

Edit: sorry didn't follow the convo thought you were being out to lunch lol

Edited by MikeyD