The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Hard no on Clarke.  I like Johnson and Edvinsson a lot if we miss out on Power.

I was watching some Power highlights the other night.. does he seem slow to you? do you think his skills will translate to the NHL? 

we need a Hedman or a Josi type defenceman so bad.

21 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Growing up in Kamloops my first concert at age 14 was April Wine backed up by Heart at the Memorial Arena.  My first concert in Vancouver was a road trip to see Rush Permanent Waves at the Coliseum. Unbelievable. The prophetic robes...

Trying to imagine a concert in old Memorial Arena is kinda funny. 

Just now, Schmautzie said:

My ears still hurt from seeing the Headpins at Gator’s in Richmond in 1982.

I saw a clip from them playing the PNE about 7 years ago. They were joking they needed pee breaks and were probably going to needing walkers before the end of the show.

3 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

I saw Heart with Joan Jett a few years ago. Those old gals were brilliant. One of the best concerts I’ve been too and I’ve been to a lot. 

Heart played at the Hugh Boyd gym 100 years ago.  We saw them before we knew who they were.

• Like 2

Just now, MikeyD said:

He stopped diving a couple seasons ago. Very rarely whines anymore also. Now he just goes and takes matters into his own hands. 

It's like saying Crosby is a whiner. Guy hasn't been a whiner since early in his career. 

McDavid is extremely special. He's taking command from Gretzky pretty much on how to handle the game. 

I've seen him embellish twice in the last two seasons (not dive, but try to sell a call) and I watch 95% of Oilers games as the wife is a fan and we live out here). I used to hate him for diving because he uses to do it a lot. I have a couple videos on my phone of his bad dives. 

He still dives at least once every game, and that cheap shot on Kotkaniemi is simply unacceptable.  He's a talented player, but he needs to cut out all the flopping and accept the outcome when no one is falling for his crap.  I get that he's hyped up, but the character issues with that gutless clown are pretty damn obvious, and people pumping his tires and making excuses for the garbage he pulls aren't improving the situation.

• Haha 1