Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

15 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Edmonton has become a good team.

All our laughing at them is over now.

We look sad.

Wow. Tough year to be a Canuck fan with high hopes crashing down to this rock bottom.

I don't know what the answer is.  Our hopes for next year are Petey Podz and maybe some young guys like Lind Rathbone and Gadjovich can develop. And maybe not.

But aside from that we are looking like a terrible hockey team in disarray.

It's ok, we'll just move on to laughing at Calgary, Chicago, SJ and LA next.

And then Pittsburgh and Washington.

And there will still be lectures here on how rebuilds really take over a decade. 

Edited by DSVII

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Request a trade

kesler talked about how players dont like playing on losing teams, and how its not easy breaking from a slump when you got media and fans like ours. look at miller he is not a happy dude

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Last one I saw Leo Kottke at Capilano College in Sept 2019. The way things are going, they'll be shoveling dirt on me before I have a chance to see another. 

I don’t know who that is, I’m a metal head. Last concert I saw was some long haired dudes ripping Viking metal. But I think we understand each other. I hope you do get to see another show but I know the feeling of when will be normal again 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

All these Canadian teams will end up with the same number of cups as us this season.

Give me the high pick and let’s reload for a real season with fans!

This. Nobody in this div has a chance against las Vegas or Colorado then Tampa(most likely) in the cup final. Lets get a top 5 pick 

Edited by Bertuzzipunch

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

All these Canadian teams will end up with the same number of cups as us this season.

That would be something, 1st over all pick....

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

chicago is still 0-4 with gaudette in the lineup, lets not make gaudette out to be some type of god.

Come on Buddy... are you really saying Highmore has done anything in Van???

Or Vesey.

Or Hawryluk.

Or Graovac.

Or Michaelis.

Or Boyd.

None of these pickups or trades are even close to contributing what Gaudette could.

If Gaudette was given chances on the 2nd line like Highmore, he'd have a lot more points this year with the 'Nucks.

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

Lmao okay u would think every player would do this hey

What?

Players request trades all the time.

Laine? Dubois?

We are one of the worst teams in the league. Have the worst media. Have a losing environment.

Miller is in his prime, why waste it all on a losing team...

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I am actually worried that Miller might refuse to re-sign in 2023 if Benning and Green continue.

Too far away Buzzsaw....   

If it makes you happy I do believe that both guys are on short leashes.  Who knows, this might be the last we see of Green.  

As far as hamstringing the future GM @wallstreetamigo, we've seen Benning move away from any long term deals.  He's learned his lesson the hard way with guys like Loui.  I'm sure you've followed the Canucks closely, but the rumours over the last couple of years have been that he's tried phoning every single GM on a daily basis to try and move Louie. No reason to assume that he'll hand out another big contract.  In fact he's stated that we're entering a stage now where we finally can rely on young guys coming up through the farm system as opposed to having to make deals and signings. 

16 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t know who that is, I’m a metal head. Last concert I saw was some long haired dudes ripping Viking metal. But I think we understand each other. I hope you do get to see another show but I know the feeling of when will be normal again 

" .... ripping Viking metal ..... "

Thanks bro, I needed that. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You said it! I’m looking forward to all the stuff. The draft, the offseason, a fresh start. Let’s go. No sense making this years situation turn us miserable.

Just now, J-23 said:

What?

Players request trades all the time.

Laine? Dubois?

We are one of the worst teams in the league. Have the worst media. Have a losing environment.

Miller is in his prime, why waste it all on a losing team...

And he had a good fun season last year. One bad year doesnt make a team, it happens. Especially without petey around. Hes still signed for 2 more years and I highly doubt he wants to go anywhere. 

This year has been a perfect storm for set backs. Everything that could happen did happen. Every time we turn around we get smacked with another problem. We're losing guys, dead in the mud contracts, off ice stuff. This season needs an enema. Throw all the problems into the fire and come back next year fresh. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1