The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Excellent.

No one wants to hear his lame excuses anyway.

Or the same cliches. I find post game interviews dull at the best of times. Sometimes after a win I watch them. Got adrenaline flowing after a win but mostly it’s just always the same things said. I mean in a regular 82 game schedule that’s a lot of same old questions, same old answers 

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Here's the thing....you get "a prospect" but the "grade A" part isn't so easy to come by.    People get hung up on prospects like they're golden tickets.

Grumpy pants = doesn't like to lose and that's ok by me.   

Agree, the problem is we are losing.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Concerts last summer 

Paul McCartney 

and a Stevie Nick's and Tom Petty cover band at the Rio. 

I saw Fleetwood Mac way back when.  I used to secretly think I was Stevie Nicks (and my friend, Heather, was Christine McVie)

8 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t know who that is, I’m a metal head. Last concert I saw was some long haired dudes ripping Viking metal. But I think we understand each other. I hope you do get to see another show but I know the feeling of when will be normal again 

I had tickets to see Tool last year before the tour got canceled 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

I've been thinking Miller and some others might leave via Ufa or ask for trade from this gong show..

I think even Edler might move on and sign with a different club.  

We have a very long ways to go...  its not easy getting a top level 3C let alone an entire bottom 6 and 1 or 2 more top 6 ... plus significantly improve the D..

This team is so slow compared to the competition. Next season they'll be playing Colorado Vegas in their division.. those teams will dominate this team...

It will still take several years to build this team up.. and that's if everything goes perfectly and we get lots of luck in draft trades and sign great cap friendly UFAs...

I really hope that Edler isn't back next year.  Love the guy and what he's done for us but he's not an NHL calibre d-man anymore.  Whoever said that he skates as fast as goalies was right.  Just brutal. 

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Concerts last summer 

Paul McCartney 

and a Stevie Nick's and Tom Petty cover band at the Rio. 

I saw Tom Petty live once in Pemberton. So glad I did. Full Moon Fever was always on in my Dads car back in the day 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

I've been thinking Miller and some others might leave via Ufa or ask for trade from this gong show..

I think even Edler might move on and sign with a different club.  

We have a very long ways to go...  its not easy getting a top level 3C let alone an entire bottom 6 and 1 or 2 more top 6 ... plus significantly improve the D..

This team is so slow compared to the competition. Next season they'll be playing Colorado Vegas in their division.. those teams will dominate this team...

It will still take several years to build this team up.. and that's if everything goes perfectly and we get lots of luck in draft trades and sign great cap friendly UFAs...

I hope Eddy moves on. there will be a replacement for him in the offseason. Jesus fans were chasing bieksa out of town because some thought he got to slow. Eddy cant pass,gap control is non existant,takes dumb penalties and will never get his 100TH IF HE CANT WAIT FOR SOME TYPE OF SCREEN before he bloody shoots. 

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

The Sedins were legit #1 & #2 ranked in that draft.  Burke just made an agreement with Atlanta (among other teams) so they wouldn't be taken at number one spot.

Don't forget. Took the Sedins 8 years to get a status where they were considered 1st liners. And tbh, the Sedins got lucky that we sucked at drafting cause no other team would give them that much time to figure their $&!# out.

3 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Just imagine if Petey and Hughes didn't fall into his lap at the drafts.

I didn't live though Mike Keenan era, but to me this is the most inept & messy front office ever in Canucks history. Yes the problem starts at the ownership but this regime has just too many facepalm moments to be left alone.

This management is inept.  I have finally given up hope.

We need to clean house and bring in  people who don't make embarrassing mistake after embarrassing mistake.

From this point forward it is not just about drafting.  It is about running a professional organization that players fans and everyone involved is proud of.

Before the players lose faith and it starts to unravel.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Here's the thing....you get "a prospect" but the "grade A" part isn't so easy to come by.    People get hung up on prospects like they're golden tickets.

Grumpy pants = doesn't like to lose and that's ok by me.   

Miller is one of the few Canuck players who is still fighting.

He has the wheels to do it on his own.  Its all solo.

The rest of the team has given up on Green's Dump and Chase and doesn't know how to create a new system on their own. 

There is no snap and synch in the passing game at all.