The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NDP to vote with Conservatives on C-10

1 hour ago, canuckster19 said:

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-ndp-will-vote-with-conservatives-on-motion-to-ensure-censorship-bill-does-not-violate-charter-rights

Too bad there aren't enough people in Canada to vote federally for a sensible center like the NDP.

30 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

The NDP can make any promise / claim / statement they want because they know they will never form government.

Thank God they can't form a Government

• Cheers 3

This just informs me that at the next opportunity I hope the country gives the Liberals a majority. 

Minority governance doesn't ensure anything but the 'worst' compromises get worked through into the best intentioned bills. 

(( i see here you like jam on your pancakes and the 'nothing but traditional toppings' bill, although great for the household budget, excludes your wish for jam on top, so we will vote with you to put jam on the grocery list regardless of what it knocks off teh bottom of the list: ooops it was condoms, now we have more mouths to feed. Good thing we controlled the bill at committee though))

Shrug. End of the day, the overwhelming majority of us all are progressive. 72% right now in fact would vote for progressives rather than conservatives. Once the NDP supporters realize they can make a bigger more lasting impression being in the ruling party, the NDP will cease to exist. 

Sincerely

Former Green Party voter who joined the Liberal Party in 2008 and with very little effort has had great impact on the party narrative.

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

38 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

This just informs me that at the next opportunity I hope the country gives the Liberals a majority. 

Minority governance doesn't ensure anything but the 'worst' compromises get worked through into the best intentioned bills. 

(( i see here you like jam on your pancakes and the 'nothing but traditional toppings' bill, although great for the household budget, excludes your wish for jam on top, so we will vote with you to put jam on the grocery list regardless of what it knocks off teh bottom of the list: ooops it was condoms, now we have more mouths to feed. Good thing we controlled the bill at committee though))

Shrug. End of the day, the overwhelming majority of us all are progressive. 72% right now in fact would vote for progressives rather than conservatives. Once the NDP supporters realize they can make a bigger more lasting impression being in the ruling party, the NDP will cease to exist. 

Sincerely

Former Green Party voter who joined the Liberal Party in 2008 and with very little effort has had great impact on the party narrative.

So you'd prefer bad bills like this being brought into law with no real opposition?

Edited by King Heffy
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

:sick:

If the country gives the Liberals a majority, it just proves that those voters are as much of an idiot as Trudeau.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 2

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

really? you think O'Toole was the guy to lead us through covid? 

As imperfect as Trudeau is, he's still the best of a bad bunch.  Ideally he'd step down in favour of Freeland, but I don't see a viable path to this outcome without allowing O'Toole to destroy the country in the process.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

24 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

As imperfect as Trudeau is, he's still the best of a bad bunch.  Ideally he'd step down in favour of Freeland, but I don't see a viable path to this outcome without allowing O'Toole to destroy the country in the process.

Freeland taking over would be ideal. O'Toole is just a thin shadow of Harper. 

• Cheers 4

40 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Singh, imo, would be the best actual leader.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

So you'd prefer bad bills like this being brought into law with no real opposition?

What is bad or good about C-10?

Asking seriously. As far as I've read, it wants to apply the same standards to stuff on Crave, and other Canadian streaming services as applies to Canadian TV and radio. Basically updating those standards for the current modes of content production.

41 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

really? you think O'Toole was the guy to lead us through covid? 

And Trudeau has been perfect thus far? 

I had a friend that was once in Trudeau's drama class when he was a substitute teacher one day and he told me that he couldn't even control the kids in that class. 

No sense of authority whatsoever. Now he's in the highest position in the country. 

Since then, he's been talking out against racism but did blackface on multiple occasions, he was involved in that WE charity debacle, and he's praised that tyrant dictator Fidel Castro as a great leader. So yeah. Really? You vouch for this guy?

The c10 is just this slimy way of censoring Canadians. I don't like O'Toole much either but at least he's against an act that potentially violates our freedoms. Trudeau is simply an unpredictable hypocrite. It's no wonder he's pushing the c10. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

What is bad or good about C-10?

Asking seriously. As far as I've read, it wants to apply the same standards to stuff on Crave, and other Canadian streaming services as applies to Canadian TV and radio. Basically updating those standards for the current modes of content production.

https://openmedia.org/article/item/whats-wrong-with-bill-c-10-an-faq

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c10-user-generated-content-1.6007192

It's mostly aimed at protecting Robbers and Bell, both of whom should be classified as criminal organizations.  The amendments made to cover social media threatens our freedom of speech.  There is too much latitude for government abuse.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Likewise, but Victoria's pretty damn left leaning to begin with.  He'd be even more unpopular in Alberta than Trudeau, and would likely struggle in Quebec.

I'm in the okanagan which is very conservative and I know quite a few people whk would vote for him, but not the party.

I don't disagree otherwise though