The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Extinct Rebellion Plan to Shut Down Lions Gate Bridge Today

DonLever

6 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

a protest group that thinks the best way to get their message across is by screwing over people who are trying to get home from work.

sounds like a bunch of losers  with to much money   why arent they at work

• Haha 1

I'm for protecting the environment and reminding government that they work for us, not the other way around - but I'm against punishing random people in society (commuters for example) to get the point across. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Track down the people in charge of the group, and sue them into oblivion.

Try and get the police to charge every one that blocks a car with illegal confinement or kidnapping.

anyone wants to walk along the sidewalks and protest fine by me; but interfer with any citizens rights and lay the hammer down.

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Dumbest idea I have heard all month. 

As an aside, I remember reading about how the SFSS (the student leadership group at SFU) did a similar type of tactic to block traffic, in attempt to raise awareness about the pipeline. I don't think it was well received. Still, some diehards will say people are selfish for complaining about a 5-10 minute delay.

I think it's just a bunch of people who politicize an issue and ram it down an ordinary's person life.

I get that there are a lot of intelligent people on these forums. Big IQ, big credentials. 

I pose that we do away with the silly jabs of the 3 hr instance where cars idle and people are disrupted. There is a greater purpose here. Ocean acidification is directly affecting us now. Freshwaters in peril. It's no joke. Listen to experts re: The wall of co2 that shows up in data dating back 11,000 years. Human tech was/is trying on Earth.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Western Red said:

I get that there are a lot of intelligent people on these forums. Big IQ, big credentials. 

I pose that we do away with the silly jabs of the 3 hr instance where cars idle and people are disrupted. There is a greater purpose here. Ocean acidification is directly affecting us now. Freshwaters in peril. It's no joke. Listen to experts re: The wall of co2 that shows up in data dating back 11,000 years. Human tech was/is trying on Earth.

No one is doubting climate change.. but blockading a large busy bridge won't solve the problem... 

This is a fundamental human problem that will need to be solved for years to come. 

For example, To think in the 21st our best way to dispose of trash is to dig a pit and throw garbage in it is the best possible means shows how really technically in advanced we are. 

Edited by drummer4now

53 minutes ago, Western Red said:

There are much better ways to get the point across than causing more pollution. The Earth will rid herself of the pests when she’s had her fill. 

Doesn't matter if it's truckers bringing a convoy through downtown or climate activists or those people that ride their bikes naked for some reason.

How do you think you are going to get support by disrupting the every day persons life?

It's just annoying. There has to better ways to get attention to an issue. 

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So these protestors want to protest climate change by closing down a bridge which will cause hundreds of cars to idle and then take longer routes to their destinations.

This will definitely increase the exhaust in the air for Vancouver today. So well thought out, creating more pollution by protesting pollution. 

It's called reverse psychology 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Western Red said:

Watch Seaspiracy on Neftflix if you want to see a biggest environmental issue the earth faces. It's commercial fishing.