The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Wilson fined $5000... wait, what!?

Rate this topic

Posted (edited)

And just precautionary as the Rangers only have 3 games remaining:

Is there ever a point this guy gets it? He instigates this pileup by jumping on Buchnevich on the ice and punching him, but then slamming Panarin to the ice in a very dangerous move. One would have to think the NHL throws the book at him, with his last 7-day suspension ending less than two months ago.

The reaction online is mostly as you'd expect (like above) but more than a few Wilson apologists online as well. I expect word later today on an upcoming hearing.

And no suspension, only a fine for roughing. Nothing for the Panarin takedown.

Edited by elvis15

I like a player who brings energy to the game, but these both seemed so unnecessary - a punch to a defenseless player on the ground???? I think he deserves to miss at least a series

• Hydration 1

Wilson needs to be banned from the NHL, hes had so many chances and a another suspension will do nothing, as he will continue his BS play...and with what happened with the NY rangers, enough is enough with this guy

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
2 minutes ago, x00x said:

Wilson needs to be banned from the NHL, hes had so many chances and a another suspension will do nothing, as he will continue his BS play...and with what happened with the NY rangers, enough is enough with this guy

Rage is a deadly weapon if it goes unchecked.  And they've had plenty of warning shots with this guy - he's outta control and a ticking time bomb.  

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

All of next year 

This was my thought as well.

Time and again, Wilson has shown that he has zero respect for the other players on the ice and it's only a matter of time before he ends someone's career. Ban him for an entire season, fine the team the max allowable and send a real message....

• Hydration 1

Although I don't see it now, this is kind of pathetic and shows a lack of remorse and accountability too (if it, in fact, came from their page...someone retweeted it so it could be fake):

image.png

• Vintage 1
  • elvis15 changed the title to Tom Wilson fined $5000... wait, what!?