The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Wilson fined $5000... wait, what!?

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I guess slamming guys to the ground into submission is not only an MMA / UFC move.

Doesent seem to be any rules in the NHL about it.

Could be the “go to” move in all fights.

Wilsons actions were disgusting,.  The NHL’s in-action even more disgusting.. dosent help with the lack of accountability or accessibility to the league..

The media needs to make a bigger issue about this.

Panarin could have easily ended up dead or in a wheel chair by Wilson’s actions..  it was no accident, a meditated move, proven by the rag-doll slamming after the fact.

as far as our experiences as fans here in Vancouver with how the League handled over the line” incidents..  Arron Rome, Raffi Torres, and yes Bert.

Good for the Rangers to be vocal,  but we as fans need to follow in the same way.

How long before we witness a “manslaughter charge” in the game?

I just tried to find an email for the leagues office..   0 in my search.. go figure.

image.thumb.png.b08daad321964ce20b7e9c7893641a6b.png

https://www.nhl.com/info/contact-us

Tell them you're cancelling your subscription (doesn't matter if you have one or not) based on the events and lack thereof of action on their part. 

$$$ is the ONLY thing they'll listen to. 

Edited by Fanuck
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Tell them you're cancelling your subscription (doesn't matter if you have one or not) based on the events and lack thereof of action on their part. 

Yeah I'm telling them I'm canceling and signing up with espn+ like I have to anyways next season. 

K I'm done trolling. 

6 minutes ago, mll said:

At 0:46, that is essentially the problem with the entire DoPS (and almost everything else wrong with the NHL) - if you continually rely on precedent - and never try to improve the game by setting new precedent, then NOTHING will ever change. 

The powers in charge of the NHL are an 'old boys club' if there ever was one and one thing groups like that don't like is anything that challenges their power/authority.  

I still can't believe that Bettman/Daly are the 'face' of the league offices.  But I guess I shouldn't expect anything different since they were put in place by a group of owners largely comprised of fellow old white men. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

I'd love to see some ahl callup make his mark by taking a full on unprovoked baseball swing at wilson's teeth. seriously, not many guys need a taste of their own medicine more than he does. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, tas said:

I'd love to see some ahl callup make his mark by taking a full on unprovoked baseball swing at wilson's teeth. seriously, not many guys need a taste of their own medicine more than he does. 

While I don't disagree with the sentiment, I don't think Wilson, either as a person or a player, is worth destroying another player's life/career (and you know the NHL will come down HARD on anyone looking for retribution) just to exact revenge. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Cheers Fanuck,.  hope others feel free to show the NHL how unpopular their inaction is..

it’s the same situation that led up to Berts incident.

I’m told the firing of Gorton and Davidson by NYR is coincidental and not related to the statement issued yesterday related to Tom Wilson. Another source says ownership felt the Rangers underachieved this season.

Seems like just yesterday that the Rangers announced a rebuild
Good thing for Benning he never worked for the Rangers :)

Edited by ba;;isticsports

2 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Karma is a biatch...to think, it took one of AV's players to make the NHL safe from this lunatic.  Here's to hoping Wilson blown out knee ends his career. 

AV should come back and be our next coach.  He's the only one with enough balls and creative enough to take out Wilson for good without ruining a player's career.  Perfect incidental contact on that play.  They probably practiced it many times in practice.