Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Wilson fined $5000... wait, what!?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Just now, gurn said:

If I'm the Capitals coach I keep Ovie and a few others out of the game tommorrow.

A number of Rangers will figure " Why take on/out Wilson, just cripple Ovie; a star for a star.- Which is actually how I'd like to see the Canucks respond to dirty play.

Run Hughes? We'll batter and bruise your best d man. Run Petey? Get ready to lose your best forward, whoever that might be.

Goon on goon is useless.

This is how it used to be and their is anecdotal evidence of such. Be it incidents I've heard of involving Yzerman and Bure, Wendel Clark and others. Thing is the Rangers are as weak and inept as the Canucks. This furthers my point to where the team needs a legit tough guy to help Zak. Other teams won't mess with our stars if they know we can mess with theirs. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

In all seriousness, if I were the Rags' coach, I'd be doing drills on running the opposing goaltender.

 

After all, once you start knocking goaltenders out of the game, the opposing team is bound to run out of qualified goaltenders at some point... :bigblush:

I though I was hard core, but remind me to never get you angry.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Rangers have released this statement:

 

E0k350kXsAYdt1t?format=jpg&name=large

Good on the Rangers standing up to the league. Parris needs to step down and the league needs to get this egg off their face. Until they start taking 'Player Safety' seriously the NHL will always be the joke of the four major sports leagues.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rekker said:

This is how it used to be and their is anecdotal evidence of such. Be it incidents I've heard of involving Yzerman and Bure, Wendel Clark and others. Thing is the Rangers are as weak and inept as the Canucks. This furthers my point to where the team needs a legit tough guy to help Zak. Other teams won't mess with our stars if they know we can mess with theirs. 

 Just imagine skating past the opposition bench and telling their star " Well now I have to punish you."

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rekker said:

This is how it used to be and their is anecdotal evidence of such. Be it incidents I've heard of involving Yzerman and Bure, Wendel Clark and others. Thing is the Rangers are as weak and inept as the Canucks. This furthers my point to where the team needs a legit tough guy to help Zak. Other teams won't mess with our stars if they know we can mess with theirs. 

That approach you propose doesn't work when it comes to Canucks.

 

Remember 7 minute 5-on-3 versus LA?

 

It just doesn't work. They go after our star, their guy will get $5000 fine. We go after them as a retribution? Well, first, Bettman will attend the game and if anything happens, the refs will have the freedom to assign whatever penalty he sees fit, probably 7 minute penalty and game misconduct followed by suspension.

 

The only way forward is for the league to do the policing and let the players play. Don't go back to the 80's.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gurn said:

 Just imagine skating past the opposition bench and telling their star " Well now I have to punish you."

Yip. It's how it used to be. You go after our star, then we go after yours. Problem with the NHL now is It's so focused on skill and speed It's forgotten the basics. Now you have some teams with a nuclear bomb like Wilson and Reaves, other teams with pop guns for a response. It comes down to a team and it's players needs to protect itself. The DOPS is to bush to do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, khay said:

That approach you propose doesn't work when it comes to Canucks.

 

Remember 7 minute 5-on-3 versus LA?

 

It just doesn't work. They go after our star, their guy will get $5000 fine. We go after them as a retribution? Well, first, Bettman will attend the game and if anything happens, the refs will have the freedom to assign whatever penalty he sees fit, probably 7 minute penalty and game misconduct followed by suspension.

 

The only way forward is for the league to do the policing and let the players play. Don't go back to the 80's.

I'm fine if the leugue did the policing, but they don't. It's corrupt. If Aaron Rome wore a Bruins jersey and Horton wore a Canucks, guess what, no suspension. It's a farce. It honestly takes away from this sport I love so much. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Canucks should sign Erik Gudbranson for a league minimum as a 7th defenseman as insurance. Don't rely on him to manage major minutes or go up against teams top lines. Say what you want about Guddy's ability as a defenseman, he knows exactly how to deal with scum like Wilson.

.gudlock.jpg.602f5e8e86464553e975a7e4ce2ab781.jpg

Someone for sure, but would much prefer a forward. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They're playing again soon right?

 

This is on the league, they are responsible for the s#$tshow that follows.

 

Parros has to be feeling the heat from this, there is still time George, wipe the egg of your face and add a suspension. 

 

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, rekker said:

Someone for sure, but would much prefer a forward. 

Well, your options there are Ryan Reaves and Milan Lucic. Both will cost. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Remembering yrs ago when Virtanen was new with no history and got suspension for recklessness

Panarin out, so should Wilson for his

It's so bush. So inconsistent. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

They're playing again soon right?

 

This is on the league, they are responsible for the s#$tshow that follows.

 

Parros has to be feeling the heat from this, there is still time George, wipe the egg of your face and add a suspension. 

 

 

He’s probably been instructed on what to do. I have to believe that a graduate of Princeton University isn’t this stupid and obtuse. 

  • Sedinery 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well, you’re options there are Ryan Reaves and Milan Lucic. Both will cost. 

So odd that it's so tough for teams to draft and develop these types? It's like finding a unicorn it seems. Gotta be someone in the minors a team can work with. We seem to find the guys with size and speed like Graovac and Bailey, but guys like that are just too polite.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A $5000 dollar fine for punching Buchnevich and nothing for dangerously slamming Panarin to the ice.

 

Makes that Edler suspension seem like even more of a joke than it was originally.

 

Parros is a clown. And the DoPS is a joke.

 

Wilson should have been gone for the year. Hopefully the Rangers decide that a 5k fine is worth injuring him severely in the next game.

 

I dont believe inpurposely injuring a player but I make an exception after that joke. Someone cross check him in the face and put him out for the year since the league wont hold a goon like him accountable.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • elvis15 changed the title to Tom Wilson fined $5000... wait, what!?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...