The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Wilson fined $5000... wait, what!?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Rangers have released this statement:

E0k350kXsAYdt1t?format=jpg&name=large

This is great news. One of these most prized teams in the league calling for parros head. I'd love to have one of peels hot mics around this guy, He's absolutely clueless, Too many knocks to the head over the years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He’s probably been instructed on what to do. I have to believe that a graduate of Princeton University isn’t this stupid and obtuse. 

Grimson is also exceptionally smart, despite the beating his head took during his playing days.  But smart or not, Parros is still unfit to hold his office.  It's a conflict of interest for an ex-goon to police goons.  To your point, though, the orders are undoubtedly coming from on high. 

Not only did he throw a helmetless featherweight Panarin to the ice, he throws punches at him while he's defenseless WITH his gloves on.  

Honestly nothing will happen until  mainstream media picks this up and starts mocking the NHL as a goon league that can't be taken seriously.  They put in the instigating rule to appease mainstream viewers by taking fighting out of the league but they still allow this crap to go on.  If someone did this in any other sport they would be gone for the season and maybe the next.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

They're playing again soon right?

This is on the league, they are responsible for the s#$tshow that follows.

Parros has to be feeling the heat from this, there is still time George, wipe the egg of your face and add a suspension. 

ill be tuning in on the game at 4pm tomorrrow if i remember lol, but do the rangers got any tough guys?, really dont follow them.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

ill be tuning in on the game at 4pm tomorrrow if i remember lol, but do the rangers got any tough guys?, really dont follow them.

they got sticks...

run a goalie..

trip a mofo...

like John Scott said, mess up a star in a scrum...

I'll try to tune in too, make a batch of popcorn and see what the league has created. 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

they got sticks...

run a goalie..

trip a mofo...

like John Scott said, mess up a star in a scrum...

I'll try to tune in too, make a batch of popcorn and see what the league has created. 

probs gunna be a sh1t show.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Thier response is they will not respond, but didn't they just respond by telling us they will not respond?

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Gutless move by a gutless team. Hiding behind the league.

Heffy, is that you?    :)

• Haha 3

I don't agree with this he should of been suspended, but I don't believe Matheson should of been suspended 2 games for his throw down of Pettersson, I'll explain why.

Hockey is a physical sport, throw downs happen it's hockey, someone trying to over strengthen someone else that's just part of the game and being competitive, you can't eliminate everything. Players also wear certain protection to protect them, so when certain plays like that happen they can still be protected, but when a player doesn't have that certain piece of protection on and his then put into a position to get seriously hurt due to it then I have a problem with it especially when you can see that, a red flag should be going off like hitting someone from behind. Let's face it if Panarin head smashes that ice first that could of been something very ugly to see, but if he had his helmet on still then was thrown down he has the protection from cracking his skull open. This is why I never agreed with the Matheson suspension, Pettersson was still protected, it was definitely a roughing penalty but shouldn't of been a suspension, where Wilson should of been a suspension, because the outcome could of been a lot worse tbh with a player with no helmet on.

NHL just so consistent :picard:

Love what the Rangers did.  Even better would be if they refused to ice a lineup until the NHL does what needs to be done and fire Parros and the rest of the corrupt scum in the DOPS.  The NHLPA needs to be taking control of player safety as it is clear the NHL is unwilling or unable to do so.

I know Vintage had a John Scott comment video up earlier. He just finished an interview with Sportsnet, Ken Read. He's bang on again. Hopefully someone smarter than me can get that posted on this thread. 

• Like 1

It is pretty disgusting that Tom Wilson did not get suspended. The Rangers had every right to voice their displeasure and call for a new director for player safety.

The act was more than one, very dirty, injury causing to one of the best players,  not just in the Rangers, but in the NHL. The icing on the cake was that this was done so by a repeat offender. There is no logic in how this was swept under the rug. 

The only thing I can say is that perhaps some owners have better control than others. Jeremy Jacobs, who owns the Bruins, had been somewhat of a puppet master of the NHL and Bettman. This is why the player got suspended when he did his antics on a Bruin (let’s not forget how the 2011 Finals reffing were one sided towards the Bruins favour).

Edited by grandmaster
  • Upvote 1