The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Wilson fined $5000... wait, what!?

Rate this topic

Tom Wilson is an idiot and needs to straighten up his game, however, I have this to say about the Rangers' management after they called out the league and asked for Parros to be fired;

You knew you would face Tom Wilson 9 times this year, you know the player, his pedigree, his history.

You know your team has all skill and no backbone, no grit, no pushback, nobody to defend your stars.

You knew you had to get an enforcer and you failed to do so. You had an extensive offseason to do so, and you did nothing at the trade deadline. 

You chose not to protect your players. That responsibility falls on you. 

You also kept Avery employed for years and defended him mercilessly when the league was trying to get rid of him. 

I have zero sympathy for the Rangers' management team. I do however have a lot of sympathy for Panarin and Buchnevich, since things could have ended much worse than they did. I for one as a Canucks fan know that Tom Wilson can't pull that crap on us. If he tries, you have a lineup of people ready to square off with him. IF I'm Green, I give MacEwen the green light to jump on the ice and defend our players, even if its a guaranteed suspension. 

I know many people will disagree with me, but Wilson is a known commodity. You HAVE to prepare for him. 

• RoughGame 1

Rangers just canned Jeff Gorton and John Davidson. Wow. I wonder if this is because they actually had the balls to stand up to the scum that runs the league and the scum that runs the league demanded a sacrifice.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Rangers just canned Jeff Gorton and John Davidson. Wow. I wonder if this is because they actually had the balls to stand up to the scum that runs the league and the scum that runs the league demanded a sacrifice.

What a joke.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Seems the opposite?

• Vintage 2

Just now, SNuck said:

Seems the opposite?

So it was the team themselves who made the statement? Wow. Good for those guys. And ownership were upset that those two weren't able to quash it? Maybe they weren't aware? I guess with the NHL, the scum, instead of the cream, rises to the top.

2 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Seems the opposite?

Wow... seriously, the NHL has become a real joke.  I've been a fan since the 80s, but this league is starting to really turn me off from hockey.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So it was the team themselves who made the statement? Wow. Good for those guys. And ownership were upset that those two weren't able to quash it? Maybe they weren't aware? I guess with the NHL, the scum, instead of the cream, rises to the top.

I got the impression that ownership was behind the original statement.  They weren't punishing Gorton and Davidson for not quashing it, they were punishing them for trying to publicly disagree with their owner.

43 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Seems the opposite?

Yikes.  Appalling lack of integrity from the outgoing management if this is the case.  Maybe the league offered them positions so they can fire Parros and still avoid imposing any standards of professionalism on the DOPS.

Edited by King Heffy

38 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I got the impression that ownership was behind the original statement.  They weren't punishing Gorton and Davidson for not quashing it, they were punishing them for trying to publicly disagree with their owner.

Fair enough. I certainly hope this is the case. Would be great to see a team owner have a public row with Buttman, Doody, and the DoPS.

• Thanks 1