The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 4, 7 p.m. l SNP | RINSE&REPEAT EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Question of fhe day ...... will today be Jack Rathbone's NHL debut?

As long as Benning and Green believe they have a chance at playoffs :picard:  I'm not sure they play the kid. I'm sure he'll get a few games in though, looking forward to that.

Lind has looked pretty good actually, I like him on Bo's wing. 

the real question is whether mcdavid will reach 100 points tonight.. i'm half joking lol. one major blow out and it could happen lol :lol:

albeit it unlikely. I'm seriously curious if its gonna happen vs us. I have a feeling it might.

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Question of fhe day ...... will today be Jack Rathbone's NHL debut?

Hope so.

I'd like to see as many of the young folk play, as the cap and team health will allow.

Edited by gurn

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

For all the folks around here that hate the 'foundation'....

when was the last time you saw McDavid run wild over us like that?

That didn't really happen when this team has/had Tanev, Sutter, Beagle, Motte, Dorsett, etc in the lineup....

This team has done a very good job of limiting him in general....until of course, he gets an opportunity to face a lineup with 7 or 8 replacement players in the lineup.

3 centers down presently - leaving an utterly exhausted M.A.S.H. group attempting to harm-reduce.

Which is why I don't go particularly fishbowl over games like last night.

Agree. The bottom 6 guys do a good job of keeping the opponent's best players in check in general. Other team's spare parts (Boyd, Vesey, etc) clearly don't eat up the tough minutes very well like Beagle, Motte, etc.

And we will need to replace two centers Sutter (UFA) and Beagle(likely LTIR) for next season. That will be a tough task.

Although I'm also not worried about the games like last night or even previous games against Toronto and Sens, the concerning thing is that the team has always been outshot and out-chanced even with full lineup.

As serviceable as they have been, if we can upgrade on some of these "foundational" players, we should upgrade.

• Cheers 4