The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 4, 7 p.m. l SNP | RINSE&REPEAT EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The Canucks should have been rebuilding at that point. Probably would have had a good shot at McDavid. They blew their chance for Matthews too. 

Should have been yup. I’m not so sure we will ever get a 1st overall. I’m suspicious of the whole lottery draft. 

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The Canucks should have been rebuilding at that point. Probably would have had a good shot at McDavid. They blew their chance for Matthews too. 

To be fair with the Mathews draft, we had the 3rd highest odds so we did essentially tanked, just didn't out tank the leafs. 

I'm looking forward to the game because I wanna see how Rathbone looks... I think this kid is a Brian Leetch type.. he's going to be a star.. rocket for a shot can skate move the puck and is strong and built.. small but built guy..

And of course McDavid.. always fun watching McDavid play.. 

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Same. He's a proven winner of two Stanley Cups, who's played with poise, skill, and physicality. A true leader. He'd be a boon as a defensive coach if that was his choice.

Baumgartner was a plug defenseman at his best, and that same average plug mentality has defined his capability as a coach. 

I think Mitchell is enjoying his retirement from the game too much to bother returning. 

He sure likes fishing.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm not sold on Lombardi either. And that's the question, if you think they need a change - and I tend to think so - then who's the replacement?

On the coach end, I think they should bring back Green. The only name that intrigues me is Rod Brind'Amour. But then again if they want Green back, but aren't going to pay him, why would they pay anyone else? (Unless Aqua is running the team now)

yeah Rod wouldn't come cheap.

Lombardi helped build a cup winner, but also really made some near-crippling signings. So goes to show its a tough job. 

28 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

We had a shot at those two?

How? tank?

Not McDavid really, other than if they had actually startex the rebuild when they should have.

Matthews wasvi believe the year they went on a huge winning streak at the end to push themselves out of the running. Should have played kids and if they won great if they lost so be it. But kept just icing the vet lineup after being playoff contention eliminated.

I want to see a hard fought battle out there...... Between hughes and boner as to who scores more goals tonight. As for the game, hopes its close but regulation loss. We need to get as many as we can, So WHEN we drop spots in the lottery, It wont be too bad :(

1 hour ago, longsuffering said:

One bad give away at own blue line led to goal against. Agree about the gliding but more likely a bit lost on the game plan as to his responsibilities without the puck. Otherwise did Ok but not top 6 level. Not sure why he was played there. Some coaching issues.

Better to play him with Bo and Pierson than on the dumpster fire that is our bottom 6.  Also, who from the bottom six would you replace him with?