The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 4, 7 p.m. l SNP | RINSE&REPEAT EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah Rod wouldn't come cheap.

Lombardi helped build a cup winner, but also really made some near-crippling signings. So goes to show its a tough job. 

Different environment when you have won a cup though. In the building phase he was lights out good.

• Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

To be fair with the Mathews draft, we had the 3rd highest odds so we did essentially tanked, just didn't out tank the leafs. 

Ya the year of the Matthews draft the Canucks finished 3rd worst in the league. So we successfully tanked that year. Toronto won the draft lottery with just a 20% chance.  We dropped from 3rd to fifth when Wpg and Columbus won the 2nd and 3rd spots via the lottery and leapfrogged us.  We then picked Juolevi.

Not that any of that cost us anything in the long run...

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Ya the year of the Matthews draft the Canucks finished 3rd worst in the league. So we successfully tanked that year. Toronto won the draft lottery with just a 20% chance.  We dropped from 3rd to fifth when Wpg and Columbus won the 2nd and 3rd spots via the lottery and leapfrogged us.  We then picked Juolevi.

Not that any of that cost us anything in the long run...

Yeah we are like 1 point away from getting Dubois too so if anything we didn't win enough.

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

One of my favourite childhood books (think grade 5), was written by the same gal who wrote James and the Giant Peach.  About the fattest kid in class who filled the net completely and became a hero of sorts.   

God, I remember that book, from about 4th grade, around 1972.  He was the backup goalie, pressed into action because the starter got hurt.  He was really fat, and nobody could score because he filled the net,  and thanks to our hero, his team won the championship.  The next year when they came back to school, he had slimmed down due to training.  That was a time in my education where I struggled with reading due to dyslexia and undiagnosed ADD, and my teacher was finding me any book she could that had something to do with hockey, because I would read those cover to cover.  49 years later, I have a BA, an MA and a past career in broadcast radio, and now a 20-year career where I spend a ton of time writing reports.

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Like 2