The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 4, 7 p.m. l SNP | RINSE&REPEAT EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

God can't beleive we still have two more weeks of this. 

Two weeks isn't bad...  10 games is the bad part.  

Can't wait for this season to be over so we can turn a fresh page.  I'm sure all our players feel the same way. 

Got a team you're pulling for this year 24k in the playoffs?

17 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Ya the year of the Matthews draft the Canucks finished 3rd worst in the league. So we successfully tanked that year. Toronto won the draft lottery with just a 20% chance.  We dropped from 3rd to fifth when Wpg and Columbus won the 2nd and 3rd spots via the lottery and leapfrogged us.  We then picked Juolevi.

Not that any of that cost us anything in the long run...

Not getting a top 3 spot did cost us a lot in the long run though. Same as picking Juolevi over several guys still on the board at that pick did. 

7 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

As long as Benning and Green believe they have a chance at playoffs :picard:  I'm not sure they play the kid. I'm sure he'll get a few games in though, looking forward to that.

Lind has looked pretty good actually, I like him on Bo's wing. 

Lind needs Horvat's power-skating coach, the guy who got him up to NHL speed, otherwise he is terrific.

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Two weeks isn't bad...  10 games is the bad part.  

Can't wait for this season to be over so we can turn a fresh page.  I'm sure all our players feel the same way. 

Got a team you're pulling for this year 24k in the playoffs?

Lol guess I'll go with Winnipeg, Carolina, and NYI.

I really don't like cheering for a powerhouse if it ain't the Canucks.

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Not getting a top 3 spot did cost us a lot in the long run though. Same as picking Juolevi over several guys still on the board at that pick did. 

Yes partner I was being a little sarcastic there...lol

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Better to play him with Bo and Pierson than on the dumpster fire that is our bottom 6.  Also, who from the bottom six would you replace him with?

Somewhat interestingly, only Boyd and Vesey were on the ice for a goal against last night (with Boeser, following a line change). The other 4 weren't a "dumpster fire" as you describe it.

Bo was on for all 4 of McDavid's points, Pearson for 3 of them 

24 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Ya the year of the Matthews draft the Canucks finished 3rd worst in the league. So we successfully tanked that year. Toronto won the draft lottery with just a 20% chance.  We dropped from 3rd to fifth when Wpg and Columbus won the 2nd and 3rd spots via the lottery and leapfrogged us.  We then picked Juolevi.

Not that any of that cost us anything in the long run...

We also won three games in Cali at the end of the year to " build" off. Aka draft OJ instead of Matthews.