The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 4, 7 p.m. l SNP | RINSE&REPEAT EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it would be nice to see the boys take one from the Edmonton Earth Killers (formerly Oilers).

Yes, they will have to change their name within about 10 years. How about the "Edmonton Windmills" !!

43 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

That hit showed SOOO much promise!

Brings back memories of his days in the WHL. He just never seemed to have enough drive to become the whole player that we hoped we were drafting

Old news

bye bye

9 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

offer one of these guys 900k might do a better job if not u can waive them

B417AC37-C5EB-4D4A-92A5-A9612E5E900F.png

I'm sure the mechanic at the Diesel Truck Repair Shop would have a decent shot at cracking our roster right now.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont even care that they are getting run over by good teams. The roster, even when healthy, just isnt good enough under this GM.

He has built the team the wrong way outside of drafting a good core. But other than Petterssen and Demko, which of those players were not considered consensus picks where they were taken? Boeser, no brainer. Hughes, no brainer. Podkolzin, no brainer. Add in the Juolevi and Virtanen misses and really its not godly drafting, its good drafting.

It just looks godly because of Gillis and Nonis.

We would miss nothing about Benning if he was fired. Even his drafting. Because when you are getting this many top picks because your team sucks, a GM should be expected to draft some good players out of that. Benning has done ok in later rounds but he has also squandered a lot of those players to get little in return that can help the team win. Whats the point of drafting well if you lose those guys that could be good supporting players for nothing?

The Canucks cant rely only on drafting to turn the corner with this core. They need a GM that can surround that core in the next two years with the right players to open a competitive window. Based on his history, that guy is not Benning.

your saying that Juolevi is a miss? Virtanen certainly but Joulevi?

I guess that's your opinion

IMHO it is time for a change and the team i'm seeing last few games is not a competitive nhl team. 

next year will be interesting

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont even care that they are getting run over by good teams. The roster, even when healthy, just isnt good enough under this GM.

He has built the team the wrong way outside of drafting a good core. But other than Petterssen and Demko, which of those players were not considered consensus picks where they were taken? Boeser, no brainer. Hughes, no brainer. Podkolzin, no brainer. Add in the Juolevi and Virtanen misses and really its not godly drafting, its good drafting.

It just looks godly because of Gillis and Nonis.

We would miss nothing about Benning if he was fired. Even his drafting. Because when you are getting this many top picks because your team sucks, a GM should be expected to draft some good players out of that. Benning has done ok in later rounds but he has also squandered a lot of those players to get little in return that can help the team win. Whats the point of drafting well if you lose those guys that could be good supporting players for nothing?

The Canucks cant rely only on drafting to turn the corner with this core. They need a GM that can surround that core in the next two years with the right players to open a competitive window. Based on his history, that guy is not Benning.

Agree. The straw that broke the camels back for me was not being able to re-sign Tofoli. 

When we traded for Tof, I was on these boards saying stuff like “leave it to Jim, he has a plan. He’ll find a way to bring Tyler back for 2021.” 

Ever since then, I’ve taken a harder look at what Jim is bringing to the table and I’m not liking what I am seeing.:sadno:

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

mind blowing how many people want to resign sutter hes not that  good center  when would we sign him at 1.5 per for 2 yrs whenwe can sign any ahl center ufa for 900k   enough with the foundational plugs

Why look outside?  We have our own home-grown talent under our noses .....

Lukas Jasek.... 6'1" and 184 lbs

This season:  21 games played  ... 3 goals ... 15 assists ... centers Utica's rop line with Anas (St L prize prospect) and Baertschi

AHL career: 146 GP  29G, 52A. 81 Points.... career +9 ... 56 PIM ... 6PPG, 2SHG ... versatile,  can play Center (his preference) or either wing

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Why look outside?  We have our own home-grown talent under our noses .....

Lukas Jasek.... 6'1" and 184 lbs

This season:  21 games played  ... 3 goals ... 15 assists ... centers Utica's rop line with Anas (St L prize prospect) and Baertschi

AHL career: 146 GP  29G, 52A. 81 Points.... career +9 ... 56 PIM ... 6PPG, 2SHG ... versatile,  can play Center (his preference) or either wing

ya hes great give him a yr in bigs