The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 4, 7 p.m. l SNP | RINSE&REPEAT EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I'm split on Lombardi, I do like what he assembled in LA, but some of those contracts, yikes. 

I'm really curious what Gallant would be able to do with this roster, I don't know what the reasons were for being let go from Vegas but I sure like what he got out of that initial group. 

Honestly I'd just like to see Green with a better, or maybe the right word is veteran?, assistant staff. A defensive coach with as many games played as Green himself e.g., a guy like Willie Mitchell who can get the most out of a d group. 

I'm not sold on Lombardi either. And that's the question, if you think they need a change - and I tend to think so - then who's the replacement?

On the coach end, I think they should bring back Green. The only name that intrigues me is Rod Brind'Amour. But then again if they want Green back, but aren't going to pay him, why would they pay anyone else? (Unless Aqua is running the team now)

11 minutes ago, Virtanen The Great said:

Thanks Vintage, as per tradition, you are the best! 

But why call up Rathbone if he's not going to get some game action. Has only been able to play in a handful of games this year. I get they want him to practice with the big team. But that could hinder his development.

I was also upset how they did that with Mikey D this year as well. These kids need to play.

I'd like to see Rathbone, just to see if there's a chance he makes the big club next year.

59 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

id sign for 25k a game  id fight simmonds pretty sure id get 1-2 punches in 

I would watch a random fan being inserted into the lineup for each of the remaining games. Make em sign a waiver and go nuts. It’d at least make it entertaining for the remainder.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

He did have a plan. Covid undid that plan, same as it did for many teams in this league. 2 weeks before he traded for Toffoli, they had been told in the GM's meeting, to expect a 3.5 - 4 million increase on the cap for the coming season. That is not something that any GM can fairly be held accountable for.

The flat cap made it pretty much impossible to do traditional trades and move out salary as, suddenly, many contracts around the league were overpriced based on current market numbers. Only in a flat cap, do you get Hamonic for 1.25 million.

Regarding Hamonic, his expectation for salary and term is and should be severely limited by the fact there are only at most 4 nhl teams he will play for and has already been on 2 of them.

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

mind blowing how many people want to resign sutter hes not that  good center  when would we sign him at 1.5 per for 2 yrs whenwe can sign any ahl center ufa for 900k   enough with the foundational plugs

Yeah exactly. Sutter and Edler need to go and absolutely not be re-signed. Its time for the team to move on from both of them.

29 minutes ago, Virtanen The Great said:

Yikes. This game-day thread is all over the place.. sad to see our boys floundering and barely any talk about the upcoming game!

I'm currently in the middle of of moving into my first house, so haven't been able to keep up and finally had shaw connected today, just in time for the game!

Updates people... how has Lind looked?!?! 

When is Rathbone getting in?

Jonah still in quarantine? 

Thanks guys and go Nucks baby! 

Re Lind, he has looked ok. Without the puck he does a fair bit of gliding around which I guess is pretty common for a young guy. Once the puck is on his stick he makes.some pretty decent plays though . Almost had a nice assist last night. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

offer one of these guys 900k might do a better job if not u can waive them

B417AC37-C5EB-4D4A-92A5-A9612E5E900F.png

Pretty sure we tried the Adam Cracknell route 5 years ago. Maybe you remember how poorly that went, and the caliber of player this really proves this pool is (aside from the prospects present on the list) . Sutter is much better, and at a decent price and term, could be an asset. 

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I couldn't care less what you're tired of - nor do I care about 'excuses'.  I don't need to make excuses - I'm not accountable - I look at reality and context and make assessments based on those - not puffed up chests with delusions that pretentions, expectations,and thumping it will produce results.

Wow, cool story bro.

If I cared what you thought of what I think, that might hurt my feelings.

Whew, good thing there are few people on cdc I would care less about what they think of my opinions! Crisis averted!