The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 4, 7 p.m. l SNP | RINSE&REPEAT EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hang on here, are we really that upset with tonight?  Rathbone had a great debut.  Lind was awesome defensively and offensively today.  Hoglander was probably our best forward.  That's our three rookies looking like regulars to me. 

We actually played just as well as Edmonton for most of the game.  They just burned us in the 2nd period with a string of giveaways.  

Quinn and Miller were pretty terrible today, and they are our best players...  so this whole thing about blaming the bottom players doesn't really make sense.  

I blame everyone. Including myself

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Sure lets just go and hire a third straight ahl no name coach 

Rumor has it that Frankie may go full dollar store mode with front office and coaching staff next season, so there's that speculation.

I'm in a weird situation. Been a die hard fan since 93. Used to have season tickets when I lived in Vancouver. 

I've had seasons where I haven't missed a single game while living in Alberta. 

I've watched bits and pieces of the last 6 games with very little interest. 

If I'm feeling like this, Canucks aren't in a good place. 

I stopped watching because it feels like our guys are just going through the motions to finish this season. 

There is no pride, there is no fight. The pride is to the extent of not getting blown out 6-0 and it feels like our team is content with a 4-1  5-2 loss type of games. 

If the team won't show up, I don't see why I should either. I feel like they'll show up next year ready to play. Maybe then I'll show up ready to watch. 

Sounds like a bandwagon type of thing to say but it's not. It's because I care. I say the same thing to my kids. If they won't put in effort whether it be piano or soccer / baseball etc, don't waste my time. Put in the effort, I'll practice with you and help you improve. 

In the case of the Canucks, put in the effort and I'll watch and spend money. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

Ummm dude... idk if you looked at our roster, but theres a few key players missing.... and just to remind you and some of the other fans here, this is the 3rd year of the rebuild... and we have had a terrible year for scheduling and bad luck with COVID, just as we started to get into a groove, we get decimated by COVID.

this team isnt IN trouble, this year has BEEN trouble. Remember.. this is only the 3rd year of a rebuild and so far we have made the playoffs in 1/3 seasons. Things are only going to improve from here onward.

Keep drinking the excuse Koolaid 

third year of a rebuild? Try 7th 

we sucked for 4 years under Green and were out of it by the time the break out hit this season 

And duh, when you will end up 29th in the league, pretty sure up is the only direction….unless we keep the 3 stooges …. Then we would go down to 32nd 

1 minute ago, BlastPast said:

Last couple of press conferences Green seems to be giving some verbal tells that he is staying with the team.

If he is staying with the team, then something is seriously wrong with management and ownership.

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Rumor has it that Frankie may go full dollar store mode with front office and coaching staff next season, so there's that speculation.

That was the plan when we brought Green in 

dollar store coach to bridge a gap….gap got wider 

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

We sucked all season …. Pre covid 

and the year before that, and the year before that. 

People seem to forget that had the NHL not been shut down we most likely wouldn't have made that playoff appearance. We were gifted a round robin qualifier with MN despite being out of the playoff picture and made the most of it. Congrats to the boys and all that but my point is you cant blame COVID disruptions for the dismal showing this season without also acknowledging COVID disruptions is what led to our playoff berth last year. 

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

You have to be on the ice to get a minus 

They both got 12 minutes of ice time.  That's not bad at all. 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Keep drinking the excuse Koolaid 

third year of a rebuild? Try 7th 

we sucked for 4 years under Green and were out of it by the time the break out hit this season 

And duh, when you will end up 29th in the league, pretty sure up is the only direction….unless we keep the 3 stooges …. Then we would go down to 32nd 

nah, he's right it's the third year.

anything benning ever did, this is 90% of the hater's response

hated it damon wayans GIF

1 minute ago, CptCanuck16 said:

and the year before that, and the year before that. 

People seem to forget that had the NHL not been shut down we most likely wouldn't have made that playoff appearance. We were gifted a round robin qualifier with MN despite being out of the playoff picture and made the most of it. Congrats to the boys and all that but my point is you cant blame COVID disruptions for the dismal showing this season without also acknowledging COVID disruptions is what led to our playoff berth last year. 

Exactly 

this was a perfect excuse year for the koolaid gang 

Conveniently forget about the pathetic record for the last 3 years prior  

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I'm in a weird situation. Been a die hard fan since 93. Used to have season tickets when I lived in Vancouver. 

I've had seasons where I haven't missed a single game while living in Alberta. 

I've watched bits and pieces of the last 6 games with very little interest. 

If I'm feeling like this, Canucks aren't in a good place. 

I stopped watching because it feels like our guys are just going through the motions to finish this season. 

There is no pride, there is no fight. The pride is to the extent of not getting blown out 6-0 and it feels like our team is content with a 4-1  5-2 loss type of games. 

If the team won't show up, I don't see why I should either. I feel like they'll show up next year ready to play. Maybe then I'll show up ready to watch. 

Sounds like a bandwagon type of thing to say but it's not. It's because I care. I say the same thing to my kids. If they won't put in effort whether it be piano or soccer / baseball etc, don't waste my time. Put in the effort, I'll practice with you and help you improve. 

In the case of the Canucks, put in the effort and I'll watch and spend money. 

So you missed Jack Rathbone's debut tonight.  He looked really good out there.  

Kole Lind's early steps too.  

The team was trying out there, just nothing left in the gas tank. 

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Why would Hughes and EP stay on a team that has proven it won’t stick up for them  ?

Hamonic has stuck up for a teammate. As has Miller. MacEwen as well.

It happens, but just with zero consistency.