The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 4, 7 p.m. l SNP | RINSE&REPEAT EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

cool, when was the last time they gave out rewards for fancy stats.

fancy stats are flawed and the ones you are mentioning are the the worlds biggest dumpster fire.

GAR WAR AND SPAR utter trash

You continue to demonstrate that you really don’t understand the game. We already know you have never played but apparently are a couch warrior expert

Then you suggest Buffalo is less of a tire fire defensively than us? 

goaltending is not the problem 

3 minutes ago, tas said:

if you hope your team wins, you're a fan. if you expect them to, you're an entitled douche. 

No you actually look for ways to win and identify weaknesses in the goal of winning

i just want them to win the majority of games, something we have not done for 7 years 

most clueless fan just blindly follow and hope

You seem to be the type thats glad to take home a participant medal 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

No you actually look for ways to win and identify weaknesses in the goal of winning

i just want them to win the majority of games, something we have not done for 7 years 

I'm a fan of the team win or lose, and I accept that my analysis of things is both meaningless and completely lacking necessary information. just like yours, or anybody else's. I'm not a childish fairweather fan who pisses and moans when the team doesn't give me what I want and for some reason feel like I'm owed. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

13 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Confirmed.

Solid game be Rathbone for the TOI he got. IMHO there is absolutely no need for Hughes to be playing + 25 minute games. Rathbone showed well enough to play out the season at 16-18 minutes. Rotate the d-vets so that Joulevi and Chatfield are playing as well.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, tas said:

that same link still shows demko as far better than ullmark in goals saved above expected. demko 5.01 (11th), ullmark -2.23 (41st).

cool,i didn't include the stat because it is a terrible stat.

the goalies who have a better gsax then gsaa is 11/89 goalies

the goal differential stat for gsax between these 89 players is -244.59 that means that 244.59 goals should have been saved.

here is the elite list of players who are of these 11 goalies who have a higher gsax then gsaa

fleury vgk

mrazek car

hellebuyck wpg

demko van

lehner vgk

desmith pit

binnington stl

forsberg ott

anderson wsh

delia chg

holtby van

this doesnt pass the eye test or smell test. some fancy stats are just laughably bad.

which is pretty much consistent with all stats that have the term expected in its descriptor.

Edited by Petey_BOI

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

cool,i didn't include the stat because it is a terrible stat.

the goalies who have a better gsax then gsaa is 11/89 goalies

the goal differential stat for gsax between these 89 players is -244.59 that means that 244.59 goals should have been saved.

here is the elite list of players who are of these 11 goalies who have a higher gsax then gsaa

fleury vgk

mrazek car

hellebuyck wpg

demko van

lehner vgk

desmith pit

binnington stl

forsberg ott

anderson wsh

delia chg

holtby van

this doesnt pass the eye test or smell test. some fancy stats are just laughably bad.

gsax takes shot quality into account. gsaa does not, and is therefore useless. gsax is as good a goalie stat as there is currently. 

I don't know why you've chosen this bizarre hill to die on, but, uh, you're long since dead. there isn't a knowledgable hockey person alive, including buffalo's management, who wouldn't trade ullmark for demko in a heartbeat. 

• Cheers 3

10 hours ago, BPA said:

Sure he gets points and goals.  But he also makes some boneheaded plays/passes.  So we are not allowed to criticize the players?  Only rose colored glasses?

tell you what if it's that important you, send him a personal note with your insights and let us know how that goes

53 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Solid game be Rathbone for the TOI he got. IMHO there is absolutely no need for Hughes to be playing + 25 minute games. Rathbone showed well enough to play out the season at 16-18 minutes. Rotate the d-vets so that Joulevi and Chatfield are playing as well.  

Until I turned the game off at the end of the second, I thought Lind had played his best game by far of his stint with the Canucks. Body checking, more involved, pretty good skills, not bad speed at the NHL level. This team can play well for about a period and a half, then their experience and fatigue catch up to them. I hope Green keeps playing the youth though, this is an excellent view on what they have going forward. Yes, Rathbone doesn't look out of place either, nor does McEwen.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

NHL refereeing, no penalties called, but then they called one on the Oilers, kinda missed a call on the same play to the Canucks, then bam, the Oilers have a 5 on three. Three ticky tack calls either missed or blown, but, hey let's manage this game properly right?

2 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Until I turned the game off at the end of the second, I thought Lind had played his best game by far of his stint with the Canucks. Body checking, more involved, pretty good skills, not bad speed at the NHL level. This team can play well for about a period and a half, then their experience and fatigue catch up to them. I hope Green keeps playing the youth though, this is an excellent view on what they have going forward. Yes, Rathbone doesn't look out of place either, nor does McEwen.

Totally agree. Lind's best game. Couple of hits and stripped the puck a couple of times. Big Mac has been getting better all the time. Rathbone's skating impressed me, very mobile. 

A while back I suggested that the Canucks rotate 5 prospect skaters thru the lineup each game to season's end. Scale the TOI back on the vets. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

You continue to demonstrate that you really don’t understand the game. We already know you have never played but apparently are a couch warrior expert

yup...... your learning from other haters how to argue on how to win a argument? lies upon lies?

never did i suggest any of what you said? as they say. cool story bro.

i will argue one thing, im pretty good at pointing out hideous lies usually its from one type of poster, but not always. 

i will say again. demko has shown he can be elite, but consistency is troubling. all he has shown so far is he is slightly better than average. now let me clarify that. i'm saying he's in the better half of best goalies in the world. i would never argue that was a problem. being roughly around 25/89 goalies is not a bad thing.

also I would argue that buffalo is not better defensively than us. but i would argue ullmark is better than demko. 6 years of playing for buffalo and his sv% is .912

18 minutes ago, tas said:

gsax takes shot quality into account. gsaa does not, and is therefore useless. gsax is as good a goalie stat as there is currently. 

I don't know why you've chosen this bizarre hill to die on, but, uh, you're long since dead. there isn't a knowledgable hockey person alive, including buffalo's management, who wouldn't trade ullmark for demko in a heartbeat. 

no sir................

a expected  goalie stat that does not balance out is a useless stat. who are these goalies that are expected to make these saves? apparently its those 11 goalies?

241.59 goals unaccounted for. like i said poop soup.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Totally agree. Lind's best game. Couple of hits and stripped the puck a couple of times. Big Mac has been getting better all the time. Rathbone's skating impressed me, very mobile. 

A while back I suggested that the Canucks rotate 5 prospect skaters thru the lineup each game to season's end. Scale the TOI back on the vets. 

I, as well said if the Canucks win 5 of the 19 games it would be considered a win, for what they had to go through. They aren't going to win 5 it looks like at this moment. You're right, starting on defense, let's see what Bowie, Chatfield, OJ, and now Rathbone can do in the lineup. The forwards like Gadjovich, Lind, and McEwen as well.

Lind was breaking up plays, more aggressive on the puck for two periods, and was a net front presence with that line.

3 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

boys are running on fumes but they keep trying. low on talent, if miller, horvat boeser and quinn aren't scoring, where is the offense going to come from? i'm looking forward to the team they ice next year. hopefully i'm still around to see it. love my team and their efforts on my behalf.

Joe, last night, and the previous night, the Canucks played their butts off, for close to two periods. As you say, lack of top end talent, and lack of fumes kick in, game over. But, according to a few, this is the coaching staff's fault, and JB's as well. That virus caused the Sabres to go on a 16 game losing streak, and they weren't hit nearly as hard.

I shut it down last night because I knew you'd be in full force and it gets to be overkill.

You never made it to the NHL so having played means nothing.  You have a....participation medal. 

This is a forum for fans of THE TEAM, not your fantasy team.  There are sections for that you may be happier in.

Blind/clueless is also following something that you don't believe in.   Being trapped in misery when you don't have to be.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Keep drinking the excuse Koolaid 

third year of a rebuild? Try 7th 

we sucked for 4 years under Green and were out of it by the time the break out hit this season 

And duh, when you will end up 29th in the league, pretty sure up is the only direction….unless we keep the 3 stooges …. Then we would go down to 32nd 

You are f***ing clueless.

Sedins = not a rebuild

Sedins retired = rebuild

Sedins retired in 2018

2021-2018, carry the 4 over and move the decimal point..... = 3 years since the Sedins retired

3 = years since the rebuild began.

• Cheers 3