The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce AHL club to relocate from Utica to Abbotsford

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Aces is straight out of nhl 21- when you make a new team. I like millionaires and canucks and don't hate sockeyes or falcons(but don't really like them either). Ahl has a lot of crap names though so I'm not expecting greatness 

Seattle will be looking for a home for a season for their 10 to 15 AHL players (the Palm Springs arena won't be ready before the 2022-23 season). 

Abbotsford makes a lot of sense (much like Vegas parked about a dozen players in the Chicago Wolves AHL franchise - St Louis -  their first year)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Googlie said:

Seattle will be looking for a home for a season for their 10 to 15 AHL players (the Palm Springs arena won't be ready before the 2022-23 season). 

Abbotsford makes a lot of sense (much like Vegas parked about a dozen players in the Chicago Wolves AHL franchise - St Louis -  their first year)

It does make sense and has a good chance of happening. For the low low price of taking LE in the expansion draft...one can dream anyway haha!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Just for fun my son provides me with some name for the new club and I likes it a lot.

West Coast Express

There is great history with this name, most NHL is aware that this unofficially belongs to Canucks, it shows the location of the club. And this looks and sounds great!

w c express.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

w c express.gif

Did you make this?  It’s really good!  But isn’t that train on the other side of the Fraser?  I think Abby had the old BC electric.  

But this logo would work anyway.  Damn that’s good! :metal:

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Did you make this?  It’s really good!  But isn’t that train on the other side of the Fraser?  I think Abby had the old BC electric.  

But this logo would work anyway.  Damn that’s good! :metal:

found it online and took out the main name and replaced with West Coast. personally would have preferred an old steam locomotive similar to the old one the used to do the run up to Whistler... the Royal Hudson( or something like that)

Edited by grumpyone
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

found it online and took out the main name and replaced with West Coast. personally would have preferred an old steam locomotive similar to the old one the used to do the run up to Whistler... the Hudson( or something like that)

I doubt the new team comes up with anything better than you did.