The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 6, 6 p.m. l SNP | ROAD TO 100 EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Spoiler

its sad that we use the dump and chase method, it really seems like we only have miller or horvat who has the skill and speed to enter the zone with possession. it feels like 9/10 when we dump the puck thats the end of our possession.

the passive collapsing box is a real nhl strategy, but i think its one of the worst. maybe green knows better that our forwards are not disciplined enough to not chase wildly. but i would rather have a few more lopsided games than getting peppered for 40 shots against every other game. i honestly dont remember the last time we created a scoring chance from a forecheck in the defensive zone. all of the passiveness is just a domino effect, more penalties taken, less drawn, and what it all comes down to is less time with the puck equaling less chances for us and more for the opposition

this is a real view of mine about canucks playing style, i do believe the nucks can play better but with motte petey and sutter out i dont see that happening this year.

• RoughGame 1

23 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I've never been pro-tank, but I hope the Canucks go oh-fer the rest of the season.  This might be the last chance to get a quality draft pick for a few years, as the window on this core is opening up, and I can see the possibility of trading picks for known commodity players in the next few years.  This team is a lot better than it has shown this year.  The moves made in the offseason would have gelled better with a full training camp, the early schedule was brutal, Petey gets hurt robbing the team of their one gamebreaker type player, along came COVID just as the team was playing better, and now a very injury depleted AHL caliber team is limping through the hockey equivalent of the Bataan Death March.  If there was ever a year to tank, this would be it.  Whoever wins the cup this year will have an asterisk next to it because of the COVID shortened season, so I don't think it was the cup we wanted for our first.

I'm pro tank all the way. If ya ain't first you're last. I don't even support first round exits.

I would love to know who was on the 2015-2016 roster when the Canucks won all those games at the end of the season and developed character only to draft OJ instead of Matthews....oh wait

Edler, Horvat, Sutter and Virtanen?

Tank. 

Yea I know, Oilers etc. I get it. But they are also in Edmonton and therefore no one wants to live there and traditionally have had poor management.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

23 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I would love to know who was on the 2015-2016 roster when the Canucks won all those games at the end of the season and developed character only to draft OJ instead of Matthews....oh wait

It’s a lottery. Been seeing this a lot lately. Pretending like we somehow could have gotten Mcdavid or Matthew’s.

Maybe what the Canucks should have done is something like the Rangers and Devils. Barely miss the playoffs and get 1st overall picks 

Tanker never cease to amaze me 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It’s a lottery. Been seeing this a lot lately. Pretending like we somehow could have gotten Mcdavid or Matthew’s.

Maybe what the Canucks should have done is something like the Rangers and Devils. Barely miss the playoffs and get 1st overall picks 

Tanker never cease to amaze me 

Lottery so play the odds.

Would you buy the ticket with the best chance, or second best chance? 

If you finish last your best draft is 3rd or 4th? Etc and so on.

It's a third period critical draw, I gurantee you wouldn't put Quinn Hughes out to take the draw. Why - based on previous results you think Horvat wins the draw.

Stats matter.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Lottery so play the odds.

Would you buy the ticket with the best chance, or second best chance? 

If you finish last your best draft is 3rd or 4th? Etc and so on.

Can’t do it. It’s not in me fo hope for losses. We lose, we lose. But I’d prefer to see a couple smiles on the ice once in awhile.

Seasons a write off sure but to hope we lose every single game, I don’t know, I don’t see any integrity in that. 

We want losses then the lottery comes only to drop 3 spots. What if we don’t win enough and someone ahead of us wins the lottery? How would you feel about that? It’s out of our control just like any hockey game.

But I’d personally prefer to spend my energy on hoping to win a couple. Maybe Lind gets his first goal or Rathbone. Maybe Demko gets a shutout to end the season. Those are things I look for and who knows maybe Bettmans feeling generous and hooks us up anyway lol not likely 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Can’t do it. It’s not in me fo hope for losses. We lose, we lose. But I’d prefer to see a couple smiles on the ice once in awhile.

Seasons a write off sure but to hope we lose every single game, I don’t know, I don’t see any integrity in that. 

We want losses then the lottery comes only to drop 3 spots. What if we don’t win enough and someone ahead of us wins the lottery? How would you feel about that? It’s out of our control just like any hockey game.

But I’d personally prefer to spend my energy on hoping to win a couple. Maybe Lind gets his first goal or Rathbone. Maybe Demko gets a shutout to end the season. Those are things I look for and who knows maybe Bettmans feeling generous and hooks us up anyway lol not likely 

I mean don't get me wrong come puck drop no one plays to lose. 

I just want the best guys possible on the ice!

• Cheers 1

I would like Green to play more young players.

Honestly we have nearly no opportunity to playoff, there is good time for the young players earning NHL experience.

Based on the recent games, we should let Edler. JT to take rest.

A part of me says we need to find a way to win this one to snap out of this streak and get a positive culture going for our kids to look up to. Another part though says we should lose to try and get as high a pick as possible. But I’m more with the first option as even if you finish last, you’re not guaranteed 1st overall due to lotto. Let’s just snap out of this! GCG!

it's too bad we didn't have the comets in abbotsford this year. 

lind could have got so much more experience. 

he could have been playing one night on the top line and then the next night he could be playing in the AHL. :bigblush:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Qwags said:

A message for Jim:

Well, here we are nearing the playoffs and for some reason your still the GM of the Canucks. I would like to quietly urge you to resign now, to save Aquilini from having to go through contortions in an effort to keep you on.

Nothing personal, but I have a fuller understanding of your position now, and I know there are several fans who don't want drama but want you gone. I am among them. With Virt's news recently and no new Green contract, it's clear you're done here, and prolonging this nonsense is going to hurt the team before next season.

Sad ending, but did it to yourself dude, don't drag the team down with you. I don't want drama and won't talk of this anymore. Hoping you will redeem your good name and fall on your sword.

Jim won’t resign, he learned from some of the best in the biz like Loui.

Why quit when you can sit there and collect a paycheque or force them to buy you out.

Edited by EmilyM
typo
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

it's too bad we didn't have the comets in abbotsford this year. 

lind could have got so much more experience. 

he could have been playing one night on the top line and then the next night he could be playing in the AHL. :bigblush:

DiPietro would have benefited a lot more. 

• Cheers 1