The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 6, 6 p.m. l SNP | ROAD TO 100 EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

Big Mac is also a keeper - even if he doesn’t get a ton of ice.  

Guy can throw with anyone - keep him around.

He seems to enjoy it too.  I love how engaged he is....he's an agitator and we need one of those.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Well you know that wherever we finish we will drop the maximum number of positions we can, so yeah I see us finishing 8th and picking 11th or so. Not because of EVIL BETTMAN but CANUCK LUCK (defined as a complete lack of luck).

I will never actively root for losses. That invites bad karma. But when the losses come in a season like this the draft ramifications can ease the pain significantly.

TBH we probably won’t win many with this atrocious schedule. Unless of course our goalie steals one or their goalie craps the bed like Koskinen did tonight. 

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This just feels so much better.  I don't care about picks or whatever..I was SICK of losing.

What a nice win by the boys.  Seems like they're getting their legs back.

Don't care about picks? LOL

Never crossed my mind........I can't believe you are even bringing that up!

Geesh! Deb!

Demko was very good tonight, made some nice saves coming across the crease a few times.  

Rathbone was solid.  Myers is a perfect partner for him, big guy that will defend him and be able to cover with his long reach.  Really like that pairing for now.  

Hoglander was great again...  this guy just sticks out in any game that you watch him play.  What a player we have here.  

Highmore is a hidden gem here that we've found.  He's come in and been one of our best two-way forwards since the trade deadline. Him and Hawryluk have great hustle together and exemplify what our forechecking game is supposed to be all about.  

Boeser and Pearson were noticeable out there as well.  

Miller looks completely defeated out there, the end of the season can't come soon enough for him.  Very tough year, no confidence on the ice...  I hope that a summer away from hockey gets him back in the groove.  

Our PK was very good, our PP1 unit should no longer be given a minute and a half on a power play.  Every pass leads to a fake shot that leads to a pass that leads to a fake...  wait, I'm lost in the PP1 black hole again. 

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

OMFG Matthews and the Leafs.  Already?  Really?

I have to wonder if mathews has a mirror in his house.  I mean, how can he look at that disgraceful excuse for a mustache and not shave it off. 

7 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Well you know that wherever we finish we will drop the maximum number of positions we can, so yeah I see us finishing 8th and picking 11th or so. Not because of EVIL BETTMAN but CANUCK LUCK (defined as a complete lack of luck).

I will never actively root for losses. That invites bad karma. But when the losses come in a season like this the draft ramifications can ease the pain significantly.

Beginning with the 2021 draft, only the first two picks will be subject to the lottery instead of the top three, and no team can move up more than 10 picks. Starting in 2022, no team will be able to win the draft lottery — for either of the first two spots — more than twice in a five-year span.