The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 6, 6 p.m. l SNP | ROAD TO 100 EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

19 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

I’m not talking about JB at all! I’m responding to a comment that we are on a slippery slope to fascism by people reporting those that flaunt public health rules that are designed to protect us. The comparison is absurd. This has nothing to do with whatever JB did.

Ah yes yes, my bad, I missed the initial posts :) 

18 minutes ago, Googlie said:

People like me give a F

I arrived back in Canada April 24, did my obligatory 3 days in an expensive downtown hotel and have been cooped up in my condo since.  Haven't even stepped outside the door, following the protocol.   14 day Q ends Saturday 

I've no time nor patience for scofflaws, endangering the public with their smug "I'm ok, f... you" attitude.  If indeed it was him, ought to be fined the $3,750 max, imo

But he didn't break any rules.  

There was no smug attitude.  

Yet people are posting pictures online of him grocery shopping.  That's complete garbage. 

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

so why are two dudes defending hamonic removing helmet while whining about the Nurse takedown?

apples to apples if you ask me 

I see, this is going to be a chicken or the egg argument. 

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

But he didn't break any rules.  

There was no smug attitude.  

Yet people are posting pictures online of him grocery shopping.  That's complete garbage. 

I accept that - I posted before the "essential worker" piece came out.  But as someone who has had both vaccination shots, and am paying for grocery deliveries, and am strictly following the Canadian and BC healthcare guidelines, I took offense at the supposed "thumbing the nose". I was wrong, and I apologize for anyone who has ruffled feelings as a result 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I accept that - I posted before the "essential worker" piece came out.  But as someone who has had both vaccination shots, and am paying for grocery deliveries, and am strictly following the Canadian and BC healthcare guidelines, I took offense at the supposed "thumbing the nose". I was wrong, and I apologize for anyone who has ruffled feelings as a result 

No worries, I just don't like when people have their privacy invaded.  

Dean Lombardi, come be the GM of the Vancouver Canucks.  Besides monetary compensation you'll have lunatics flying banners with "Fire Lombardi", there will be people taking pictures of you grocery shopping and guys like @Squamfan making shrines of you in their bedroom. 

What a night. The kids got in the act tonight and played really well. Rathbone gets his 1st career NHL goal. The first of very many to come. Hogz got on the board as well. Hamonic also gets his 1st as a Canuck. Graovac, Hawryluk and Boeser all scored. Demko was spectacular. Hope the boys keep it going! GCG!

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

aint arguing that had no problem with the hamonic fight though, hamonic even let him get the gloves off first before chuckin, still stand by the nurse action though.

Nurse was afraid of a stand up fight, Mac had already tagged him once, a take down like that is a chicken crap move, he was so desperate to fight Mac that he made himself look like a moron, and should gotten a double minor for that little display in front of the benches, slashing, cross checking, roughing. Nurse is a POS, tends to pick on smaller guys, once he realized Mac was going to kill him, he went for the single leg, then jumped on top and tried to continue to punch while Mac was on his back. Typical Soiler..

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

25 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I see, this is going to be a chicken or the egg argument. 

this is not chicken and egg (what came first, the chicken or the egg?)

this is hypocrisy

dudes are saying its apples and oranges (two different things)

I say its apples and apples (the same) this only difference I see is one was against a Canuck (bad/evil/yellow/chicken hearted) 

and the other was by a Canuck ( rightious/fair/acceptable/hororable)

7 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Nurse was afraid of a stand up fight, Mac had already tagged him once, a take down like that is a chicken crap move, he was so desperate to fight Mac that he made himself look like a moron, and should gotten a double minor for that little display in front of the benches, slashing, cross checking, roughing. Nurse is a POS, tends to pick on smaller guys, once he realized Mac was going to kill him, he went for the single leg, then jumped on top and tried to continue to punch while Mac was on his back. Typical Soiler..

Lucky for Nurse the linesman jumped in because Mac flipped him right after the ground shots

• Like 1