The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 6, 6 p.m. l SNP | ROAD TO 100 EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

23 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

you do realie that mcdavid has scored more ppg than lemiuex in that season in a cap world, with goalies that are about 1.5% better right?

lemiuex was 35 btw. jagr also scored 123 points in 80 games when he was 34. gretzky sccored 48, in 48 when was 33

Mario came out of retirement because Pittsburg was terrible and barely AHL worthy the cap comment holds no water for me in the context of that year

As for the goalie comment I disagree.  Belfour, Hasek, Roy, Broduer and Cujo were all around that year and are up there at the tops all time, even a young Luongo was playing lights out in Florida that year

You can argue that the supersized goalies of today are harder to score against but most don’t hold a candle to these guys.  These guys actually had to make saves.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

you do realie that mcdavid has scored more ppg than Lemieux 

further to this

At the 43 game mark McDavid had 71 points, the difference is a wash.  Now imagine what a 24 year old and healthy Lemieux in the context of that year

I say it again, I do not disagree that Conner is not a great player and one of the best of the last 20 years but it is a bit early to put him up with the best ever.  Potential is there for sure but he still has to go do it

REFEREES

Graham Skilliter #24
GS24.jpg
Eric Furlatt #27
EF27.jpg
Games ’20-21 45 46
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 63 / 0 30 / 11
Career Games (Reg/PO) 510 / 0 1251 / 139
First NHL Game 1/28/13 10/8/01
Birthplace La Ronge, SK Trois-Rivieres, QC

LINESMEN

Derek Nansen #70
DN70.jpg
Michel Cormier #76
MC76.jpg
Games ’20-21 44 43
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 63 / 9 31 / 12
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1166 / 61 1143 / 74
First NHL Game 10/11/02 10/10/03
Birthplace Ottawa, ON Trois-Rivieres, QC

42 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

I had blocked that from my mind.  Disney really murdered hockey for the masses.

But look at that structure in their game...they formed a perfect V...

I hate those movies lol....after that came the red comet puck thing from FOX...it's all connected I tell you. Then it all went away mercifully. And I was happy and at peace again..until now when Disney dug it out of the grave and slapped some fresh paint on it and made a series of it...I won't even give it the time of day, even if perhaps it is good lol, can't do it.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bbllpp said:

Mario came out of retirement because Pittsburg was terrible and barely AHL worthy the cap comment holds no water for me in the context of that year

As for the goalie comment I disagree.  Belfour, Hasek, Roy, Broduer and Cujo were all around that year and are up there at the tops all time, even a young Luongo was playing lights out in Florida that year

You can argue that the supersized goalies of today are harder to score against but most don’t hold a candle to these guys.  These guys actually had to make saves.

well you can argue, that the goalies were not good in the 80's but you were wrong. in fact your not even doing that all those gaolies are 90's goalies. and 90's goalies don't hold a candle to goalies of today either. there were a selecct few that adopted major changes, vanbiesbrouk one of them. but most of them stuck with thier stand up style and they still had sub.900 numbers in the 90's. hasek was always a great goalie, but you can count like 10 goalies with above 0.920 save percentage every year now a days. you can pretend they were just as good.  lets not forget how many year canada was blanked vs russia because of thier butterfly goaltenders.

the goalies are still perfecting the butterfly, and i imagine would crush the goalies from 20 years ago. 25 of the top 30 goalies with the highest save percentage, are still playing today. (minimum 100 games) of those 5 only 1 played in the 90's Hasek. the other 4 retired within the last 5 years

40/50 still playing. but yeah you keep arguing

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

well you can argue, that the goalies were not good in the 80's but you were wrong. in fact your not even doing that all those gaolies are 90's goalies. and 90's goalies don't hold a candle to goalies of today either. there were a selecct few that adopted major changes, vanbiesbrouk one of them. but most of them stuck with thier stand up style and they still had sub.900 numbers in the 90's. hasek was always a great goalie, but you can count like 10 goalies with above 0.920 save percentage every year now a days. you can pretend they were just as good.  lets not forget how many year canada was blanked vs russia because of thier butterfly goaltenders.

the goalies are still perfecting the butterfly, and i imagine would crush the goalies from 20 years ago. 25 of the top 30 goalies with the highest save percentage, are still playing today. (minimum 100 games) of those 5 only 1 played in the 90's Hasek. the other 4 retired within the last 5 years

40/50 still playing. but yeah you keep arguing

When did you start watching hockey?

35 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

But look at that structure in their game...they formed a perfect V...

I hate those movies lol....after that came the red comet puck thing from FOX...it's all connected I tell you. Then it all went away mercifully. And I was happy and at peace again..until now when Disney dug it out of the grave and slapped some fresh paint on it and made a series of it...I won't even give it the time of day, even if perhaps it is good lol, can't do it.

You’d think we had burnt down the White House or something after the fox comet puck.

• Haha 1