The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 6, 6 p.m. l SNP | ROAD TO 100 EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Why even watch this sport if you think its all rigged. Why put yourself thru this.. 

If I thought a sport I watched was rigged I'd move on to another sport. 

I like the people involved, I enjoy the game. I don't pretend that some teams aren't more equal than others, but you'd have to be a bit head in the sand to think the NHL exec doesn't have biases. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

ah your a homer they inlude them together, some people/countries arn't rich enough to play ice hockey. but they know how to play it. we played gym hockey all the time in school it was still hockey with a stick a net and a goalie.

Why on earth would we be discussing anything other than Ice hockey on an ice hockey forum. Calling field hockey and hockey the same sport is like calling rugby and Aussie rules football the same sport. They’re not. 

Edited by Kenny Blankenship
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

They were interviewing Phil Esposito years ago. He was stating 1:00 minute is long for a shift now. But when he was playing "I was just getting warmed up at 1:00!"

It was basically 12 forwards, 4 defenceman, and 1 goalie. Now it's 15 forwards, 6 defencemen, and two goalies. He said he probably couldn't play the game the way it's played now. So it is hard to compare eras. 

yup for sure. there was a rule at some point that the team captain had to be on the ice for the entirety of the game.

another one was you weren't allowed to pass the puck between zones, that must have really stifled offense eh?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

also my original statemnet was that hockey is the fastest growing sport in the world, and it is!!!!! womens ice hockey, are you knocking women's influence on the sport?

Way to put words in his mouth. Don't bother arguing with this guy he'll just make all kinds of logical leaps and defensive sidesteps.

• Upvote 1

Just now, GSP* said:

Way to put words in his mouth. Don't bother arguing with this guy he'll just make all kinds of logical leaps and defensive sidesteps.

12 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

also my original statemnet was that hockey is the fastest growing sport in the world, and it is!!!!! womens ice hockey, are you knocking women's influence on the sport?

1 minute ago, GSP* said:

No kidding. Don’t know what that has to do with anything I’ve been saying. I won’t bother anymore. 

7 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

Why on earth would we be discussing anything other than Ice hockey on an ice hockey forum. Calling field hockey and hockey the same sport is like calling rugby and Aussie rules football the same sport. They’re not. 

listen i don't make the rules of the internet,

shot put is apparently a athletics event, but is no where near a running event.

the 2 billion fans of hockey probably say sure, if you offered them a ticket to see a ice hockey game.

you sound very elitist.

• Haha 1

If we can get that MacEwan, Highmore, and Hawryluk even 75% of the time, I would be ok with them sticking around rotating into the bottom 6. Its too bad Highmore cant win faceoffs at the nhl level. Mac-Highmore-Hawryluk would actually be a pretty serviceable 4th line. 

I actually liked Graovac's overall game last night too. And that after game interview makes me happy for him. 

Boyd and Vesey I think need to go.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

listen i don't make the rules of the internet,

shot put is apparently a athletics event, but is no where near a running event.

the 2 billion fans of hockey probably say sure, if you offered them a ticket to see a ice hockey game.

you sound very elitist.

Elitist? You made a claim that hockey is the second most popular sport in the world, which I told you is false. Not sure how this makes me elitist. You also seem to think I’m sexist so maybe I should just stop responding. 

37 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I like the people involved, I enjoy the game. I don't pretend that some teams aren't more equal than others, but you'd have to be a bit head in the sand to think the NHL exec doesn't have biases. 

The raw chances of a Canadian team not winning since 1993 is approaching astronomical.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, GSP* said:

i have to put words into peoples mouth, to make sure they can back down gracefully. i never came here to argue about any of this garbage!!!!

you want to jump into  the conversation? have at it! what we were talking about originally was that mcdavid if mdavid was  as good as STastny, and and this guy named hawerchuk. dave scored 1300 points in his first 950 games but somehow that wasn't good enough to be a positive player he was a -120 over those games. mcdavid is a +68 in his first 6 seasons. what do you think?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

Elitist? You made a claim that hockey is the second most popular sport in the world, which I told you is false. Not sure how this makes me elitist. You also seem to think I’m sexist so maybe I should just stop responding. 

many different websites all describe and clump ice hockey and field hockey into the same group. maybe hey think its rules are close enough to be considered the same sport?

no i don't think your sexist, im making sure you don't say something ridiculous and offend half the population in the world. you are probably offending many of the fans of field hockey though, who would say that they were indeed playing hockey.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If we can get that MacEwan, Highmore, and Hawryluk even 75% of the time, I would be ok with them sticking around rotating into the bottom 6. Its too bad Highmore cant win faceoffs at the nhl level. Mac-Highmore-Hawryluk would actually be a pretty serviceable 4th line. 

I actually liked Graovac's overall game last night too. And that after game interview makes me happy for him. 

Boyd and Vesey I think need to go.

I'd like to see Mac on Millers line.  That line could be hard to handle and I think Mac has a lot more to give.

I like Hawryluk.  Not sold yet on Highmore.  Rathbone looks promising

1 minute ago, Borderline Canuck said:

I'd like to see Mac on Millers line.  That line could be hard to handle and I think Mac has a lot more to give.

I like Hawryluk.  Not sold yet on Highmore.  Rathbone looks promising

I am not sure Mac is a top 6 level guy. Maybe splitting up the 3 centers.

Hoglander-EP-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Lind

MacEwan-Miller-Podkolzin

Highmore-Sutter-Hawryluk

Hughes-Hamonic

Juolevi-Schmidt

Rathbone-Myers

Demko

DiPietro or Holtby

Without the ability to add much this would be ok I think.

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Plante started wearing one in 1959, Hull was barely cutting his teeth but your right curving the stick was a big change. Didn't take long for the rest to follow suit.   Boi thinks the internet age makes better athletes.  Bobby Hull is still considered one of the top ten all-time fastest skaters ever.   Good grief.   Might as well start saying boxers are better too.  They are not. 

oh you missed where i already said that? imagine tyson 5'10" 233lb in his prime fighting tyson fury 6'9" 257lb

talk about rope a dope

i wonder why all the coaches,players and gm's today use analytics, video. why? is it just for fun? i wonder if they ever analyze the 80's tape for some pointers

Edited by Petey_BOI

22 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am not sure Mac is a top 6 level guy. Maybe splitting up the 3 centers.

Hoglander-EP-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Lind

MacEwan-Miller-Podkolzin

Highmore-Sutter-Hawryluk

Hughes-Hamonic

Juolevi-Schmidt

Rathbone-Myers

Demko

DiPietro or Holtby

Without the ability to add much this would be ok I think.

Lind in the top 6 seems like a bit of a stretch ?