The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Abbotsford ______

-SN-

The Abbotsford ______  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Awesome research, UK compadre. Roundabouts are fairly new here and popping up where you'd never expect one, like in the middle of a steep hill. Ours are weird, seemingly on purpose, but yours are just good old British eccentricity.

The peanut is a french design, (as are diverging diamonds)

the magic roundabout is actually good design although looks tricky once you get your head around it it’s quite good. Slows down traffic keeps it moving though and increased capacity at the intersection.

image.jpeg.7ff8997af8589fc8cd2547e75c827db2.jpeg

image.jpeg.8562fd7881854a437436bc9fa2f0388c.jpeg(place that sign on an American road and watch them panic)

the turbine roundabout is a Dutch design and helps reduce the contact points, 

the bramcote one is just hell though it’s what happened when some idiot at the council hasn’t got a clue about road safety.

we have plenty of crazy designs and places over here as well, although councils seem to be ripping up a lot of the larger ones for timed intersections which just seems backwards 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 11:17 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

something around aerospace would be neat, could do kind of a Jets-like theme. It would also fit in with the old Johnny Canuck character from the 40s which could make for some great logos. 

image.jpeg.634e4d58f3ed84eec0cc6206578514c2.jpeg

^”Aviators” is an excellent choice, with its direct connection to the Abbotsford International Air Show, a major claim to fame for the city. 

I’d prefer a logo with a far-less cartoony look and perhaps have a more serious rocketeer-looking vibe. A shadowy aviator wearing a helmet in profile with an intense facial expression, wearing a  cool aviator jacket & scarf is best.

The selling of ‘aviator’ scarves is also a winning PR move, as it mimics the ‘terrible towel’ but can also be worn as fan gear/swag! 

image.png.3ec2233952163ea6f190d95ed01fdde5.png

Edited by viking mama
  • Vintage 1

^Besides, as aviators, there is little doubt that the Canucks & their farm team “Aviators” will be logging the most air miles in the NHL, AHL or any other league they will be playing in. 

Use the aviator wings for pins/stickers. 

Aviators - no better choice! 

1 hour ago, viking mama said:

^”Aviators” is an excellent choice, with its direct connection to the Abbotsford International Air Show, a major claim to fame for the city. 

I’d prefer a logo with a far-less cartoony look and perhaps have a more serious rocketeer-looking vibe. A shadowy aviator wearing a helmet in profile with an intense facial expression, wearing a  cool aviator jacket & scarf is best.

The selling of ‘aviator’ scarves is also a winning PR move, as it mimics the ‘terrible towel’ but can also be worn as fan gear/swag! 

image.png.3ec2233952163ea6f190d95ed01fdde5.png

for sure, there are a lot of ways to modernize it but the link to Abby and the original Jonny Canuck is there if they want to do something with it. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

the Abbotsford A-bologna

continues the seasfood theme 

and John Garrett would approve

as long as there is catch up n mouseturd

Edited by lmm

I prefer Aviators or Aces.

Aeros is a no go for me because that name belonged and may even still be trade marked to the former IHL and AHL team in Houston. 

Or.... for fun I would introduce the name Aquarium to the fold because being this close to the big club the team will be like a fish tank.

• Haha 1

On 18/05/2021 at 5:17 PM, viking mama said:

^Besides, as aviators, there is little doubt that the Canucks & their farm team “Aviators” will be logging the most air miles in the NHL, AHL or any other league they will be playing in. 

Use the aviator wings for pins/stickers. 

Aviators - no better choice! 

Love it! Gotta go with the Aviators. 

Maybe adopt the A's as a nickname.

Matches well with the ownership last name.. 

• Cheers 1

On 6/6/2021 at 12:00 PM, Victor1915 said:

Love it! Gotta go with the Aviators. 

Maybe adopt the A's as a nickname.

Matches well with the ownership last name.. 

Then nickname would be AA as for Abbotsford Aviators.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta go with “Aviators” inexplicably ranking 3rd in polling here, over the “Aces” & “Comets” which is a name that may be retained in & by Utica. I base my rejection of Aces, upon hearing the following comment alone…. 

“Some away teams & hecklers may  have a field-day calling the “Aces“,  “arses” in spoof.”  

Aviators, the Abbotsford A’s in short. 

Chanting “Av-I-a-tors” loudly & proudly works for me! As does “Lets Go A’s” or adopting any soccer-style chant & using aviator-slang like “May-day” as a moniker for a player  who’s last name starts with the letter “M”. That works too! 

Get this right.

The Abbotsford Aviators!

Make it so! 

Edited by viking mama