Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Abbotsford ______


-SN-
 Share

The Abbotsford ______  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

Double round aboutabouts are not that tricky - try going around the magic roundabout in Swindon.

 

image.thumb.png.d8d3b8150d1f676ee6e3deac7ed49e5e.png

 

 

 

or a Dutch roundabout 


image.thumb.jpeg.4922b97569032ce755e5d713aa9d0ac8.jpeg

 Or a turbo

 

albeit this one even dummies can use

 

image.jpeg.ffa7d90c629ce4f8214978e721801558.jpeg

 

or the hell that is bramcote island

 

image.thumb.jpeg.9cf1b22e28d450ca89be692a163c39de.jpeg

 

or these peanuts which are just cool and a nifty safety feature in lower capacity areas (have a few near me)

 

image.jpeg.e533ae3bd9a8d1d762e5e0db2ab923c8.jpeg

Awesome research, UK compadre. Roundabouts are fairly new here and popping up where you'd never expect one, like in the middle of a steep hill. Ours are weird, seemingly on purpose, but yours are just good old British eccentricity.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Awesome research, UK compadre. Roundabouts are fairly new here and popping up where you'd never expect one, like in the middle of a steep hill. Ours are weird, seemingly on purpose, but yours are just good old British eccentricity.

The peanut is a french design, (as are diverging diamonds)

 

the magic roundabout is actually good design although looks tricky once you get your head around it it’s quite good. Slows down traffic keeps it moving though and increased capacity at the intersection.

 

image.jpeg.7ff8997af8589fc8cd2547e75c827db2.jpeg


image.jpeg.8562fd7881854a437436bc9fa2f0388c.jpeg(place that sign on an American road and watch them panic)

 

 

the turbine roundabout is a Dutch design and helps reduce the contact points, 

 

the bramcote one is just hell though it’s what happened when some idiot at the council hasn’t got a clue about road safety.

 

we have plenty of crazy designs and places over here as well, although councils seem to be ripping up a lot of the larger ones for timed intersections which just seems backwards 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2021 at 11:17 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

something around aerospace would be neat, could do kind of a Jets-like theme. It would also fit in with the old Johnny Canuck character from the 40s which could make for some great logos. 

 

image.jpeg.634e4d58f3ed84eec0cc6206578514c2.jpeg

^”Aviators” is an excellent choice, with its direct connection to the Abbotsford International Air Show, a major claim to fame for the city. 
 

I’d prefer a logo with a far-less cartoony look and perhaps have a more serious rocketeer-looking vibe. A shadowy aviator wearing a helmet in profile with an intense facial expression, wearing a  cool aviator jacket & scarf is best.
 

The selling of ‘aviator’ scarves is also a winning PR move, as it mimics the ‘terrible towel’ but can also be worn as fan gear/swag! 
 

image.png.3ec2233952163ea6f190d95ed01fdde5.png

 

Edited by viking mama
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

^Besides, as aviators, there is little doubt that the Canucks & their farm team “Aviators” will be logging the most air miles in the NHL, AHL or any other league they will be playing in. 

 

Use the aviator wings for pins/stickers. 
 

Aviators - no better choice! 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, viking mama said:

^”Aviators” is an excellent choice, with its direct connection to the Abbotsford International Air Show, a major claim to fame for the city. 
 

I’d prefer a logo with a far-less cartoony look and perhaps have a more serious rocketeer-looking vibe. A shadowy aviator wearing a helmet in profile with an intense facial expression, wearing a  cool aviator jacket & scarf is best.
 

The selling of ‘aviator’ scarves is also a winning PR move, as it mimics the ‘terrible towel’ but can also be worn as fan gear/swag! 
 

image.png.3ec2233952163ea6f190d95ed01fdde5.png

 

for sure, there are a lot of ways to modernize it but the link to Abby and the original Jonny Canuck is there if they want to do something with it. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

the Abbotsford A-bologna

 

continues the seasfood theme 

 

and John Garrett would approve

as long as there is catch up n mouseturd

Edited by lmm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I prefer Aviators or Aces.

 

Aeros is a no go for me because that name belonged and may even still be trade marked to the former IHL and AHL team in Houston. 

 

Or.... for fun I would introduce the name Aquarium to the fold because being this close to the big club the team will be like a fish tank.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/05/2021 at 5:17 PM, viking mama said:

^Besides, as aviators, there is little doubt that the Canucks & their farm team “Aviators” will be logging the most air miles in the NHL, AHL or any other league they will be playing in. 

 

Use the aviator wings for pins/stickers. 
 

Aviators - no better choice! 
 

 

Love it! Gotta go with the Aviators. 

Maybe adopt the A's as a nickname.

Matches well with the ownership last name.. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2021 at 12:00 PM, Victor1915 said:

Love it! Gotta go with the Aviators. 

Maybe adopt the A's as a nickname.

Matches well with the ownership last name.. 

Then nickname would be AA as for Abbotsford Aviators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Gotta go with “Aviators” inexplicably ranking 3rd in polling here, over the “Aces” & “Comets” which is a name that may be retained in & by Utica. I base my rejection of Aces, upon hearing the following comment alone…. 
 

“Some away teams & hecklers may  have a field-day calling the “Aces“,  “arses” in spoof.”  
 

Aviators, the Abbotsford A’s in short. 

Chanting “Av-I-a-tors” loudly & proudly works for me! As does “Lets Go A’s” or adopting any soccer-style chant & using aviator-slang like “May-day” as a moniker for a player  who’s last name starts with the letter “M”. That works too! 
 

Get this right.
 

The Abbotsford Aviators!
 

Make it so! 
 

 

Edited by viking mama
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2021 at 12:15 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Abbotsford Aces sounds good to me.

Don’t want to be nic-named “Arses” in away rinks.

 

A-VI-A-TORS!!! Is a great cheer! 

We need your support, Vintage!

 

Please get on board! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...