The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rangers fire president John Davidson, GM Jeff Gorton; name Chris Drury as new president & GM

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Boy if you thought the league hates us now. Could you imagine if they were hired by Vancouver?

Automatic 20 penalties per game against Vancouver. 

2 minutes for trying to score.

2 minutes for trying to defend.

2 minutes for making a save...

They hate us when we're good so I'll take it. 

Anything is better than the 'nobody cares about the Canucks' of present. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Boy if you thought the league hates us now. Could you imagine if they were hired by Vancouver?

They have distanced themselves from that statement that was initiated from ownership.  That’s why some are speculating their firing is not a coincidence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

They have distanced themselves from that statement that was initiated from ownership.  That’s why some are speculating their firing is not a coincidence.

The word "scurried" seems to hold a negative conotation. Why not just say "moved"?

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

That makes me uneasy as to whether or not they'll stand up to the league when the DOPS is screwing us and corrupt refs are being airlifted in to rig playoff series.  Hard pass if they lack the integrity to stand by their franchise finally doing the right thing and exposing the corruption in the NHL.

I have to agree with this sentiment. The Canucks need management that will have the cajones to stand up to the league and stand with the team in their statement. Benning failed to take the NHL to task over making the Canucks play so soon after their Covid setback. Why would these two be any better in that regard? I get that they're a lot more shrewd that Benning, but they lack fortitude.

• Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 1

This the same Dolan that is running the Knicks into the ground?  If so I actually believe it has nothing to do with that statement.  You honestly think the NHL would have that kind of say that quickly?  I don't, only because thier too incompetent to acquire such pull.

Why is Gorton a good GM? (honestly don't know, don't follow NYR all that much).

His achievements are,

1. signing Panarin for 10+ mil.

2. Tanking hard for Kakko.

3. Got lucky with Lafreniere.

Did he trade for Zibanejad?

I guess cleared the house very quickly when it became clear that the team isn't contending.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That would be different from now how?

I'd love to have jd as president in vancouver, but I feel like he'd be reluctant at best to come to western canada and francesco wouldn't buck up to bring him on board anyway.