The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rangers fire president John Davidson, GM Jeff Gorton; name Chris Drury as new president & GM

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Burrows at least had the balls to stand up to Auger and had Rotten Ronnie criminally slander him on HNIC as a result.

Where’s the video , I have been looking everywhere for It but can’t find it.

11 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Where’s the video , I have been looking everywhere for It but can’t find it.

Still shocked MacLean wasn't fired on the spot for disgracing the sport, the network, himself, his family and his country with his complete disregard for professional conduct.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Still shocked MacLean wasn't fired on the spot for disgracing the sport, the network himself, his family and his country with his complete disregard for professional conduct.

Ron McLean is such a douche. That piece was so biased even Colin Campbell was squirming :picard:

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Still shocked MacLean wasn't fired on the spot for disgracing the sport, the network, himself, his family and his country with his complete disregard for professional conduct.

Thanks but I can't watch that this late at night.  I will be to ffnn mad to get to sleep. Ron's "apology " for it was crap as well. He's a smarmy, know it all turd.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Thanks but I can't watch that this late at night.  I will be to ffnn mad to get to sleep. Ron's "apology " for it was crap as well. He's a smarmy, know it all turd.

I'll never forgive MacLean's mother for not telling his dad to pound sand when they first met.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pretty surprising. Hard to believe that it's just a coincidence that they were fired just days after that statement. I, for one, loved that the owner had the cojones to call out the NHL. Hard pass on Davidson and Gorton joining the Canucks if it's true they wanted to distance themselves from the statement. The President and GM need to be in line with the owner. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

Pretty surprising. Hard to believe that it's just a coincidence that they were fired just days after that statement. I, for one, loved that the owner had the cojones to call out the NHL. Hard pass on Davidson and Gorton joining the Canucks if it's true they wanted to distance themselves from the statement. The President and GM need to be in line with the owner. 

The statement was pretty irresponsible. And it likely is what will keep Parros in his job. The team should have privately lobbied the NHL to fire Parros. Because publicly demanding it guaranteed the NHL woukd not do it. No way they fire him after that and give the impression publicly shaming them gets rewarded.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Anyone have a clip of the apology?

I don't. It was some half fast attempt to look like he was sorry for what he said. I'd honesty call him out on the whole thing if I ever met him. 

The fact that Davidson and Gorton wanted no part of that is a plus for me to get them in Vancouver. Its the unpopular play but the smart one. Poking the bear (the nhl powers that be) never ends well.

Them being fired has less to do with that incident and everything to do with Chris Drury machinations behind the scenes. It was obvious from day 1.

• RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

Dolan is a real peace of work.  **** him.

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

I don't. It was some half fast attempt to look like he was sorry for what he said. I'd honesty call him out on the whole thing if I ever met him. 

Haha a buddy of mine met him, i think at a hockeyville thing and did just that. Recorded it on his phone too lol

McLean was like a stammering idiot that just got throat punched.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Haha a buddy of mine met him, i think at a hockeyville thing and did just that. Recorded it on his phone too lol

McLean was like a stammering idiot that just got throat punched.

like a stammering idiot?  That peace of garbage IS a stammering idiot.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The statement was pretty irresponsible. And it likely is what will keep Parros in his job. The team should have privately lobbied the NHL to fire Parros. Because publicly demanding it guaranteed the NHL woukd not do it. No way they fire him after that and give the impression publicly shaming them gets rewarded.

Maybe it was irresponsible but the vast majority of Rangers' fans, and presumably players, loved the statement. I would bet that Dolan tried the private channels and was fed up with the inaction. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

Maybe it was irresponsible but the vast majority of Rangers' fans, and presumably players, loved the statement. I would bet that Dolan tried the private channels and was fed up with the inaction. 

Had I been a Rags fan I would have loved the statement. Even though I agree with it in its entirety I think the last line pushed the league too far.

23D725BC-3E48-492A-9F1E-2183083E2102.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Had I been a Rags fan I would have loved the statement. Even though I agree with it in its entirety I think the last line pushed the league too far.

23D725BC-3E48-492A-9F1E-2183083E2102.jpeg

Yeah the last line was a bit much. But someone had to say it, and it means more coming from an owner. Even if that owner is Dolan.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1