The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shayne Gostisbehere suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, Kragar said:

True, although I think it is less in the interests of the PA, as it's not zero-sum.  Sadly, idiots like Wilson (and Cooke, and so many others) get the opportunity to negatively impact more than just one other player.  If Panarin ends up like Lafontaine, that's not good for the PA at all.  Protecting the collective membership should be its goal, and when some of its members lose the respect for the rest, then the PA should lose respect for them in return.  It's bad enough that accidents will end careers, but that's part of the game.  When it gets intentional, more needs to be done, and clearly it isn't happening.

But yeah, i agree with you on the CBA: it should change to address this, but it won't.

I bet Wilson gets a long suspension if he pulled the same crap on a guy like Willy Nylander, Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner, see where Im going here? Tom Wilson doesn't deserve to be in the NHL. I hope somebody cross checks him into the boards and he leaves on a stretcher.

7 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

I bet Wilson gets a long suspension if he pulled the same crap on a guy like Willy Nylander, Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner, see where Im going here? Tom Wilson doesn't deserve to be in the NHL. I hope somebody cross checks him into the boards and he leaves on a stretcher.

Yeah, I'm hoping his UBI yesterday is enough to keep him out a long while.  But I wonder if it was a team decision just to keep him out of the rest of the game cuz you know he would be challenged again.

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I wouldn't be surprised if his "UBI" were the cuts on his hand (some of the video showed blood on his fingers/knuckles), and he was forced to take the night off because the league didn't want him to be sharing his body fluids with other combatants - the same reason why they don't allow bleeding players onto the ice.

Yep, makes sense.

One can dream, though :) 

• Vintage 1