The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Pavel Buchnevich Suspended One Game for High Stick to Anthony Mantha

Rate this topic

He'll get suspended, primarily because he didn't slam the opponent's head into the ice while the opponent doesn't have a helmet on. 

OH, and he didn't do this... so automatic 5 game suspension:

tom-wilson-line-brawl.jpg?fit=981,531&ss

• Cheers 1

Give him the Raffi Torres treatment.  Need to get these kind of repeat offending goons like Mantha out of the game once and for all.

Next time he should try a hockey play, like hair pulling or cross checking the back of someone's neck and driving their face into the ice.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Watch the idiots at the DoPS suspend him and then be completely shocked when the next Rangers Capitals game is another fight filled affair...do they play again this year? 

• Cheers 1

This is the kind of thing that can come back and haunt the league....

The DoPS does nothing about Wilson and now they pretty much have no choice on Buchnevich. That's a game at least (and probably 2)

The Rags didn't really get their pound of flesh last night, (it looked to me like Smith lost that fight with Wilson) and when you can't make the guy responsible pay, the next step is to go after the other teams' stars. Ovie can take care of himself, but Backstrom and Oshie might want to keep their heads up next time they play the Rangers....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

As I'd mentioned at the end of page 5 of the Wilson thread, if I were the Rags' coach, the Caps' goaltenders better watch out, because I'd be making sure that my players included running the goaltender as part of their drive to the net.

At some point, the Caps will run out of qualified goalies... :bigblush:

Maybe they'll want Holtby back?:P

watch a bunch of teams bring back the enforcer role this offseason.  It's becoming really apparent that you can't rely on the league to make the right move, teams are going to take things into their own hands.  Wilson is not off the hook yet, not a chance.

I believe if you get a hearing it's a minimum of 2 games, just like Edler.  The Rangers ownership should send out another memo asking for the head of George Parros.  Imagine a former goon being responsible for handing out punishments to current goons.

John Scott should be handing out his resume right now.  The Canucks should definitely sign him to a 2 year deal...