The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Pavel Buchnevich Suspended One Game for High Stick to Anthony Mantha

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

is that true?, if so good karma.

He left the game afterwards with “an upper body injury”

... I am hoping it is a couple of broken fingers.  It would truly be karma and I would laugh a lot.

1 minute ago, Provost said:

... I am hoping it is a couple of broken fingers.  It would truly be karma and I would laugh a lot.

I saw both his hands bloody in the box after his fight. He wasn’t acting like his cocky self, looked a little concerned. He likely hit helmet in his fight. 

15 minutes ago, Provost said:

honestly thought they just made it up so the game wouldnt keep escalating, but hopefully out for the first part of playoffs.

19 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I feel like Wilson was pulled from the game by the caps to turn down the temperature.

But I do think it would be fitting if he was injured having to fight.

It is possible... but would they take out their toughest player voluntarily in a game full of shenanigans?

What Buchnevich did to Mantha is a lot worse than what Wilson did to Panarin.

Buchnevich used a legit weapon intending to injure Mantha. Wilson was wrestling with Panarin and threw him down which happens all the time in hockey scrums.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Buchnevich used a legit weapon intending to injure Mantha. Wilson was wrestling with Panarin and threw him down which happens all the time in hockey scrums.

I’ve never understood the issue with Wilson on Panarin, other than people just hating Tom Wilson. Panarin willingly entered a wrestling match with someone much stronger than him, and did not have his helmet fastened properly either. The result is 100% on Panarin.

I didn’t like the punch to the head of Buchnevich though. But that wasn’t as bad as Buch’s high stick either.

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I’ve never understood the issue with Wilson on Panarin, other than people just hating Tom Wilson. Panarin willingly entered a wrestling match with someone much stronger than him, and did not have his helmet fastened properly either. The result is 100% on Panarin.

I didn’t like the punch to the head of Buchnevich though. But that wasn’t as bad as Buch’s high stick either.

i like wilsons play style and as a player but his dirty stuff is pretty well known, it looked like he grabbed his hair in the slo mo and drove his head to the ice, could of been alot worse, just overall stupid decisions on his part.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I disagree that a shot to Mantha's face with a stick from Buchnevich is worse than getting driven backwards and helmetless down to the ice by Wilson, then getting pummeled (nor should he have thrown the first "love tap" to Buchnevich's head or jumped on Strome either). 

What really concerned me was also how the league disregarded his lengthy suspension history (5 times, longest suspension being 20 games for head-hunting Sundqvist of the Blues).  Then, for the League to come up with an excuse to suspend Buchnevich from his incident when Wilson's goes Scott-free besides the fine is laughable.  

The NHL is so petty, such a joke.

JR has been saying wake up NHL 18 years ago. 1:44 onward is the best bit. It’s true then and it’s true now. From

the refs to the executives to the commish. Wake the F up!

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, shiznak said:

i guess if you consider a glove more dangerous than the ice