The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rangers fined $250,000

Rate this topic

Seems pretty predictable.  The way they went about it was really poor in my opinion.

Have a fiery interview and call the lack of suspension bull$&!# and that you had made those feelings clear to the league, and that all you care about is the health and safety of your players.

Then take your small fine for saying that and move on...  It serves the optics purpose of standing up for your players and your private discussions with the league are more likely to result in tangible action (like putting someone else in charge of player safety).

If anyone remotely thought that publicly calling out someone personally like that was going to result in Bettman doing anything but pushing back hard... they haven't paid attention the last couple of decades.

• RoughGame 3

the fine is meaningless. Parros lost a lot of credibility and everyone knows it, this fine won't change that. If anything it amplifies the criticism, given how meaningless it is to the NYRs finances.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Provost said:

Seems pretty predictable.  The way they went about it was really poor in my opinion.

Have a fiery interview and call the lack of suspension bull$&!# and that you had made those feelings clear to the league, and that all you care about is the health and safety of your players.

Then take your small fine for saying that and move on...  It serves the optics purpose of standing up for your players and your private discussions with the league are more likely to result in tangible action (like putting someone else in charge of player safety).

If anyone remotely thought that publicly calling out someone personally like that was going to result in Bettman doing anything but pushing back hard... they haven't paid attention the last couple of decades.

Seemed to work well with how the Sedins were treated over the years. /sar

Or even for the Canucks players for that matter.

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Seemed to work well with how the Sedins were treated over the years. /sar

Or even for the Canucks players for that matter.

Still stalking me because you are salty about looking foolish about the playoffs being out of reach?  Maybe go take a walk and find some joy in your life.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Still stalking me because you are salty about looking foolish about the playoffs being out of reach?  Maybe go take a walk and find some joy in your life.

Nope. The fact that you think I'm stalking you just shows how ignorant you are. I can post wherever I damn please. I don't put you on ignore because your takes are sometimes good, but often pretty dumb.

Here is another take from you that is unsupported - and I doubt you'll address how the Sedins were treated over the years, even though the Canucks took the classy approach.

It would help if you paid attention to hockey the past decade - you should take your own advice though ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1