The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rangers fined $250,000

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Here is another take from you that is unsupported - and I doubt you'll address how the Sedins were treated over the years, even though the Canucks took the classy approach.

What do the Sedins have to do with the league giving the Rangers a fine?  Did they make Dolan's approach to this more successful?  It is a nonsense connection to try to make as they literally have nothing to do with each other, nor does it have anything to do with what I posted.

It is exceedingly silly to demand someone address random unrelated things as a counterpoint to non-existent logic on your part.

..as for how supported my position is.  Did Parros get fired?  Did they decide to suspend Wilson retroactively?  I mean objective reality is that Dolan's tactics didn't work, which was my "take". 

I know objective reality isn't your strong suit, hence how salty you are about looking silly by insisting that we were actually making the playoffs regardless of the math.

Edited by Provost
  • RoughGame 1

48 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

nhl did more in their statement against the rangers than it did for black lives matter xD league wonders why they can't grow the game in the US lol

Why should the NHL do anything for a racist group?

• RoughGame 1

The problem is, the league wants to be the one in control of punishment for on the ice plays. Then when they don't take action, they act surprised when the players or the teams speak out.

The league is Passive Aggressive

Either start really giving out punishment for guys like Wilson, or let other teams have a guy who's 6'8", can't skate, sits on the bench until he has to go grab Wilson or Marchand, or any of the other cheap shot artists in the league and push their teeth to the back of their heads.

They can't have it both ways!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, I'm not even sure how the NHL thought giving the reigns for DoPS to a former player that racked up 1000+ PIMs in 400 something games was a good idea... yeah, I"m sure Parros cares about the victims more than the goons of the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Honestly, I'm not even sure how the NHL thought giving the reigns for DoPS to a former player that racked up 1000+ PIMs in 400 something games was a good idea... yeah, I"m sure Parros cares about the victims more than the goons of the league.

I mean, he has a clothing line called violent gentleman where everything is adorned with a blood-soacked hatchet.

image.png

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SNuck said:

By the way, the Rangers comments re: Parros were not personal.

They did not question Parros' professionalism and dedication, but questioned whether he was fit for the role, which is more than fair. The NHL statement is pure garbage. 

Careful buddy. The NHL might fine you as an admin. ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

What a &^@#ing joike.  They're acting like the &^@#ing ccp, circling their wagons around incompetent adminstrators, just because they like their yes-men.

I really hope an angry crowd razes the league offices, and tars/feathers the league executive and management staff.  &^@#ing clowns.

Honestly with this gong show this week and the Tim Peel fiasco. If there was ever a time that NHL shield will be put under the microscope and investigated, these two situations stick out. And everyone sees it for what it is. Agree 100% this is CCP textbook stuff. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Covid protocol violation fine for the Caps was 100k. Calling out the league department of safety rep costs you 250k.

That doesn't make a ton of sense if you ask me.

Who Knows Reaction GIF by Audible

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

What do the Sedins have to do with the league giving the Rangers a fine?  Did they make Dolan's approach to this more successful?  It is a nonsense connection to try to make as they literally have nothing to do with each other, nor does it have anything to do with what I posted.

It is exceedingly silly to demand someone address random unrelated things as a counterpoint to non-existent logic on your part.

..as for how supported my position is.  Did Parros get fired?  Did they decide to suspend Wilson retroactively?  I mean objective reality is that Dolan's tactics didn't work, which was my "take". 

I know objective reality isn't your strong suit, hence how salty you are about looking silly by insisting that we were actually making the playoffs regardless of the math.

No, actually, it's not. When you go into the real world, when someone fails to uphold their duties, asking for their head is a REAL consequence. I have no idea what kind of strawman you were making there, but my argument is very simple. It's no surprise that you can't even comprehend basic English. Countless times I run into your posts, and I love engaging with you because you're so easy to pick off.

No, Parros didn't get fired. Your position was that you could handle things behind the scenes, right? Well I told you that "working from behind the scenes" clearly hasn't worked out, and I cited the Sedins as a localized example.

It seems no position will be a "right" one, yet you have identified a position as being "right". THAT is what is unsupported.

Edited by Dazzle