The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Suspended 1 Game] MacEwen to have hearing for kneeing Oilers' Nurse

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I don’t think most people have any issue with the suspension by itself. The problem comes from comparing this incident with other recent decisions. If DOPS acted consistently to protect players health and safety this would pretty much be a non-story.

For example, is this predatory?

58pysc.gif

McDiver should have gotten five games minimum for that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The funny thing to me about #grocerygate is that not too long ago, Micaela Gaudette was public enemy number one around these parts, and basically getting labelled as Typhoid Annie, because she, wait for it... went in-store grocery shopping during the pandemic.

Or, perhaps more importantly, she was a woman who went on an all women hockey podcast, and talked about wanting to go grocery shopping.

She was roundly condemned for flouting NHL recommendations, which state that groceries should be delivered whenever possible. But she was still acting in full compliance with BCCDC guidelines.

Then, JB goes grocery shopping a week after being down in Texas and the reaction is “how dare people criticize JB, leave the man alone!” :lol:

Sure, JB apparently has a quarantine exemption, so wasn’t breaking any rules (other than those very same NHL recommendations).

But was Micaela actually breaking any rules? And did the people who are now so full-throatedly defending JB also step up to defend Micaela, when it was her getting basically burned at the stake on social media and on these boards?

E0D8A7D3-4865-444C-B7F7-CE8F80C8E332.jpeg.878047df810b81cb03d203c22e38e18e.jpeg

This is 100% true and the kind of stuff I dislike about people on here. 

Thats why I like you Sid. You always call it down the middle.

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

Former referee Paul Stewart puts Colin Campbell in the crosshairs. Something most Canuck fans’ reaction will be....well, duh.

In a series of tweets right after the announcement from the Department of Player Safety on the fine, Paul Stewart went off.

“Tom Wilson (again) showed himself to be a fraudulent “tough guy” by opportunistically going after skill/finesse players. He wouldn’t have pulled that crap if he had to directly answer for it to a Probert, O’Reilly, Dave Brown, Fotiu, Odjick, Grimson, Twist, Chase, etc.,” Stewart began. “DOPS is spineless but they are driven play/offense outcomes first and foremost. The scrum itself wasn’t too out of the ordinary but it was Wilson’s choice of targets and general punkishness that’s the issue.”

In his final tweet, Stewart made a scathing accusation as to why the NHL DOPS is a mess. “Also, blaming George Parros for DOPS’ flaws is like blaming Ronald McDonald for the food quality at McDonald’s.” he explained. “He’s a figurehead symbol. For those who don’t know: In the NHL, the officiating department and DOPS are under the thumb of the director of hockey ops.”

A direct shot a Colin Campbell. As of this writing, the league has offered no rebuttal.

Wonderful to see Campbell got rewarded with a promotion for his nepotism and match fixing.

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I don’t think most people have any issue with the suspension by itself. The problem comes from comparing this incident with other recent decisions. If DOPS acted consistently to protect players health and safety this would pretty much be a non-story.

For example, is this predatory?

58pysc.gif

Exactly.   The stuff they ignore or fine compared to some of the suspendable plays is glaring.  It's infuriating because the guys they go easiest on are the ones who deserve the most.   And guys like Edler get multiple games for a lazy play that wasn't going after someone in a rage.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I guess our guys should practice their pouty faces to get things noticed.  Oilers have it perfected.

image.png

image.png

I strongly dislike Nurse. Whiner, mouthpiece, diver, and usually only fights weaker guys.

That move to take down Mac was just disrespectful to the game. Hopefully he gets his chicklets rattled by someone. Give him something to really whine about.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I won't get in to the canucks history of lousy calls and questionable discipline

I will say though that the DoPS is absolutely working overtime for the rest of the regular season to attempt to look credible when the largest team in the league just called them out publicly.

Had any other team other than the rags or leafs called out the league that way it wouldn't be more than a blip but it's resonating and they're trying to present themselves as competent.

I expect at least two or three more questionable suspensions before the end of the regular season and one turning in to at least a 1 game playoff suspension

This is the exact opposite of competent.  If this is the best Parros can do, it amplifies how unfit for employment he is.

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I strongly dislike Nurse. Whiner, mouthpiece, diver, and usually only fights weaker guys.

That move to take down Mac was just disreptful to the game. Hopefully he gets his chicklets rattled by someone. Give him something to really whine about.

Horvat can easily show that coward how a real man fights.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

that's as pansy-azz a nothingburger as I've ever seen them bother to revisit.

Nothingburger!?

You should be citing Anthony Stew for that one

Edited by lmm

30 minutes ago, nux_win said:

This is what we get from a bunch of clowns in suits who run the league and make millions from selling a product called "sports entertainment" instead of people who actually love the once real sport of hockey.  Both the refereeing and the supplemental discipline are a complete joke and makes the entire NHL look like amateur hour.  Maybe people don't notice that kind of crap in markets where they don't know hockey but for us real hockey fans it's quite disturbing and it's been getting worse and worse over time.  We all love the tough side of the game, that's not the issue, it's the blatant favoritism and random application of the rules that makes a mockery of the sport that some of us actually love.  There's something really corrupt about the current NHL and it stinks.  The way they hush up anyone who complains is more like the mafia than a reputable sports league, and despite running it like the mafia they still act like they are a reputable sports league.  Pathetic.  GCG!

To tell you the truth i turned 65 today and i have been listening and watching this gong show for 50+ years. I totally agree but some things just don't change. Disclaimer: I wasn't talking the Leafs. It was that other L

Side note::Lets go Canucks.

Edited by spur1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, spur1 said:

To tell you the truth i turned 65 today and i have been listening and watching this gong show for 50+ years. I totally agree but some things just don't change. Disclaimer: I wasn't talking the Leafs. It was that other L

Side note::Lets go Canucks.

Happy Birthday spur!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mll said:

Reverse effect.  Per Seravalli: 

According to multiple team and league sources, the Rangers’ statement galvanized support for Parros and the Department of Player Safety from other teams and general managers in feedback that was delivered to the commissioner’s office. That support did not wane after gloves littered the Garden ice on Wednesday night.

Nearly half of the NHL’s general managers – the gatekeepers of the league who collectively influence the policy that governs Parros’ department – were canvassed for this story and not one expressed concern or doubt about Parros’ competence.

#1 Washington

#2 Boston

#3 Chicago

hey guys we're doing a poll, we have George here and we'd like to know if you think he is doing a good job

Don't worry this will only say in this room , so feel free to let your feelings be heard

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, lmm said:

#1 Washington

#2 Boston

#3 Chicago

hey guys we're doing a poll, we have George here and we'd like to know if you think he is doing a good job

Don't worry this will only say in this room , so feel free to let your feelings be heard

As he turns on the camera and mic

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am wondering if dps reviews plays based on receiving a request from a team.

Nothing else could explain why they picked that incident as the one to review in the game.

Plain envelopes with small notes and large bills.