The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Suspended 1 Game] MacEwen to have hearing for kneeing Oilers' Nurse

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Not even, caught him in the lower arm, just below the elbow.

George Parros looking over the incident: 

Okay so MacEwan’s knee connected to Nurse’s elbow.....

The elbow is connected to the...arm bone! The arm bone is connected to the.... shoulder! The shoulder is connected to the... collar bone! The collar bone is connected to the... neck bone! The neck bone is connected to the... Head bone....The head bone is.... WAIT IT WAS A KNEE TO THE HEAD BONE

• Haha 2

Ugh. So stupid.

Sure, Mac is making contact with a downed player, purposefully skating into him, and kind of giving Nurse an extra “F-you,” after Nurse goes down from contact (that Nurse initiated) and taking the high stick (which mostly seem to result from Mac just losing his balance from the contact).

It’s a chippy play, a bit of a mix of taunting and intimidation (you could even could say “unsportsmanlike” and I wouldn’t argue), but it’s definitely part of the “game within the game.”

If Mac actually made any real contact with Nurse, knee to head, then yes, absolutely, bring on the supplementary discipline. Players are responsible for their bodies, and any significant head contact needs to be punished.

If Mac had actually taken a run and violently swung his knee, missed, but obviously been looking to knee Nurse straight in the head, then yes, time for some serious supplementary disciple. That’s crossing the line (getting near criminal) and has no part in the game.

But skating over to a downed opponent, after a collision (and one that the opponent initiated, but got the worst of), not actually hurting him (other than the accidental high stick), or even really looking to, but just skating into him after a collision, to send a little bit of an extra message?

That’s just big boy hockey, and Mac shouldn’t be expected to apologize for playing the game that way, or face any type of supplementary discipline, beyond the penalties assessed and served out during the game.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Weird spacing
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

This one is a head scratcher. LOL ::D The league front office might further embarrass themselves here.

Hard to tell, but it looks like a knee to the shoulder pad to me, and at low speed as a love tap on the way by. I didn't see the McDavid elbow, but the body slam was nearly the same as the Wilson move the other night. BigMac was in a vulnerable position with no helmet and he intentionally sent him into the ice backwards - head first. Luckily, he was able to keep his head up just enough as it could have been much worse. If they were going to review something from the Canucks, it should have been the Hamonic hit.

Just waiting to see who is going to get fined for comments this time. Wouldn't surprise me if someone outside the Canucks or Oilers says something.

Edit. BigMac: "I'm saying I accept the ruling so I won't get fined. I'm just here to say I accept the rulling so I won't get fined. Rinse, repeat."

Edited by gizmo2337
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Pretty sure Hughes, Miller and Demko will all get suspended for the MacEwan 'knee'.

sure, why not? fine Aquilini too. 

What a joke. Parros needs a Midol. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I'm not sure what is more laughable at this point. MacEwen getting suspended for a love tap or the guy who followed Benning around the grocery store trying to play Covid health police:lol:. Brutal 

KInda funny how the Canucks finally won a game and we're only talking about GroceryGate and KneeGate. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Joke of a league. The straight up 2 crosschecks, slash to the back and 2 punches at Zacks face were way worse than that not-knee.

I'm starting to hate this league with a passion. DoPS is a joke, and so is the reffing.

Don't watch then.  Easy peasy

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, SNuck said:

KInda funny how the Canucks finally won a game and we're only talking about GroceryGate and KneeGate. 

until grocery gate I didn't realize just how much some people needed Sekeres. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Wait... what's this?

Game day thread, some dude was filming, and following around a guy that looked like J.B. while he shopped.

issue being if it was J.B. he might have needed to still be in quarintine.

If it was J.B.

If the filmer knew exactly what the rules are.

• Thanks 1

Ok so I see now it's not that collision but the knee while nurse is on the ice.  

Just an LOL moment if you ask me?  Sit the game and not even think about it again lmao.

Oilers may have gotten the better of the Canucks this year but next season. it's Hulk smash time

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

CREEEeeeepy.  

Though I suppose if it was him, he could've gotten any of the front office staff to get the stuff he needed instead of going himself.

Any mention as to where (ie. which part of town) this was happening at?

All I know is the vid was posted sometime in the first period, probably by Squamfan, he seems to have a thing for posting "Tas" tweets.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

until grocery gate I didn't realize just how much some people needed Sekeres. 

The funny thing to me about #grocerygate is that not too long ago, Micaela Gaudette was public enemy number one around these parts, and basically getting labelled as Typhoid Annie, because she, wait for it... went in-store grocery shopping during the pandemic.

Or, perhaps more importantly, she was a woman who went on an all women hockey podcast, and talked about wanting to go grocery shopping.

She was roundly condemned for flouting NHL recommendations, which state that groceries should be delivered whenever possible. But she was still acting in full compliance with BCCDC guidelines.

Then, JB goes grocery shopping a week after being down in Texas and the reaction is “how dare people criticize JB, leave the man alone!” :lol:

Sure, JB apparently has a quarantine exemption, so wasn’t breaking any rules (other than those very same NHL recommendations).

But was Micaela actually breaking any rules? And did the people who are now so full-throatedly defending JB also step up to defend Micaela, when it was her getting basically burned at the stake on social media and on these boards?

E0D8A7D3-4865-444C-B7F7-CE8F80C8E332.jpeg.878047df810b81cb03d203c22e38e18e.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The funny thing to me about #grocerygate is that not too long ago, Micaela Gaudette was public enemy number one around these parts, and basically getting labelled as Typhoid Annie, because she, wait for it... went in-store grocery shopping during the pandemic.

Or, perhaps more importantly, she was a woman who went on an all women hockey podcast, and talked about wanting to go grocery shopping.

She was roundly condemned for flouting NHL recommendations, which state that groceries should be delivered whenever possible. But she was still acting in full compliance with BCCDC guidelines.

Then, JB goes grocery shopping a week after being down in Texas and the reaction is “how dare people criticize JB, leave the man alone!” :lol:

Sure, JB apparently has a quarantine exemption, so wasn’t breaking any rules (other than those very same NHL recommendations).

But was Micaela actually breaking any rules? And did the people who are now so full-throatedly defending JB also step up to defend Micaela, when it was her getting basically burned at the stake on social media and on these boards?

don't look for consistency around these parts feller. 

I didn't like how she was treated, it was unjustified. The following Benning thing was just plain weird. Make me wonder if he's being stalked. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I went through it frame by frame what I see is Zacks skate hitting Nurses arm causing his foot to go back thus his knee to go forward. It appears to go towards Nurses head but at no point do I see contact nor Nurses head even slightly move as it would if it was actually hit. Even if it was the knee would be a result of the skate hitting his arm, not an intentional knee.

I think that the main reason his knee came up a bit was that he felt the contact with his skate and let up instead of bracing. The alternative was to brace himself and plow through the contact.

This is a common tactic by the dopes. Any Canucks who may stick up for team-mates in the future is tagged with a phony borderline call as an offense so they can label him as a repeat offender in the future. This falls right in line with soft calls on our bigger players while they let our opponents intentionally injure our players.

Sadly, nothing has changed. Same old crap.

I see, in other threads, some league butt kissers saying that the league has all the power. How about if Canadians stopped buying nhl merchandise. That would be a good start to let them know how we feel about their obvious corruption.

• Vintage 3

9 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Bennings age group has been eligible for vaccination for a while now. Gaudette's wife's statement came out while the team was sick with Covid. But sure, they're exactly the same.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1