The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Suspended 1 Game] MacEwen to have hearing for kneeing Oilers' Nurse

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Wouldn’t want it to happen to a Canuck.  Light tap but still to the head and deliberate.

thats a stretch, all kinds of pushing and shoving and punching happens after the whistle. To suggest what Mac did was any worse than that is a massive stretch. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats a stretch, all kinds of pushing and shoving and punching happens after the whistle. To suggest what Mac did was any worse than that is a massive stretch. 

One is down.  It’s not the same if two guys are pushing each other around.  If say Horvat is down I wouldn’t want an opponent to think that it’s okay to go and bump him in the head.  

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, mll said:

One is down.  It’s not the same if two guys are pushing each other around.  If say Horvat is down I wouldn’t want an opponent to think that it’s okay to go and bump him in the head.  

Nurse was actually on his way up.  There was clearly no intent to injure at all, just to annoy. Happens in many ways during a game.

A fine would have been the right call. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Nurse was actually on his way up. I think you are really overblowing this. 

There’s far more things wrong with the DoPS than this.  Don’t care all that much that MacEwen has been suspended.  Not one where I think the DoPS deserves mockery.  If the opposite happens would expect the same.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

I went through the video frame by frame and not in any frame do I see Nurses head move the slightest which it would do if bumped. What Nurse did was way more dangerous but I guess Wilson already proved body slams are OK. I’m sure the suspension would be easy to swallow if there was any consistency, the lack of it is what pisses people off.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

There’s far more things wrong with the DoPS than this.  Don’t care all that much that MacEwen has been suspended.  Not one where I think the DoPS deserves mockery.  If the opposite happens would expect the same.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, to me its a complete joke and sends the wrong message. 

They have such a great sense of humour in these NHL safety videos. The voice saying that “this is not a hockey play” makes me laugh. But the video that we have all seen of Wilson driving Buchnevich’s face into the ice and choking his throat against his stick, then rag dolling Panarin, well apparently those are just hockey plays. I had no idea I was this stupid. Thank you NHL for the lesson.

• Haha 3

Parros isn't even trying to appear honest anymore.  MacEwen should use the time off to fly down to NYC and put that crooked dirtbag in the ICU since the NHL refuses to hold him accountable.  I'll gladly kick in towards the fine if Aquilini does the right thing and backs up the Rangers in their request to install an honest individual as the head of the DOPS.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I went through the video frame by frame and not in any frame do I see Nurses head move the slightest which it would do if bumped. What Nurse did was way more dangerous but I guess Wilson already proved body slams are OK. I’m sure the suspension would be easy to swallow if there was any consistency, the lack of it is what pisses people off.

Exactly. They show a freeze frame of it on Sportsnet. Its hardly a grazing. His chin was already bloodied from the hit, and Nurse was embarrassed because his attempted hit gave him a face plant.

Canucks need to stand up and fight this, even though it’s only a game, because it gives MacEwan and underserving “history” now when it comes to suspensions.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

DOPS: "This is kneeing"  :huh:

We raise you a body slam and an elbow! This is a targeted attack on the Canucks, specifically to keep our tough guy out of next game. The league is fixed I guess? They even went as far to make an example of him meaning they will give him ten games next time. What a joke.

• Cheers 1